Marco Minnemann

K!lly

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Marco_Minnemann.html

One of the "new" drummers.. mostly compared to Thomas Lang, he peformed a drum battle with T.Lang and J.Rabb ... drummer of Nina Hagen, the 19th WFD with 1005 strokes per minutes... a huge DW kit with a big gong-bass, and some wird pedals (a foot-snare) ..etc
I've seen this drummer at a drumclinic in paris, and believe me it was a plesur for my eyes and for ears. I'll keep forever in my memory his "stereo hihat lick".
A must seen

By the way, I've seen Thomas lang to in a clinic.. and for me, Marco rox him .. no joke :)

marco is an awesome drummer, incredibly fast. don't care for the music he writes though, but nonetheless he's damn good.

I liked his video where he solos over "Bite my shiny metal ass" from Futurama. That was one of the funnier clinic gimmicks I've ever encountered.

finnhiggins said:
I liked his video where he solos over "Bite my shiny metal ass" from Futurama. That was one of the funnier clinic gimmicks I've ever encountered.

haha yea that was awesome . Marco is a real nice guy i met him after a clinic and he just does some real impressive fills with that dw gong drum .

Aww, Marco is insane! I don't listen to him cuz his drumming is so complex that my head strats to hurt! :DD And, yeah, after that I usually think...eh, ok, maybe I need to play guitar instead of drums? But hey, Marco plays guitar pretty awsome too, so... :DDD
He is really pushing the boundries of drumming...a madman... all my respect to him!

jammaster said:
Aww, Marco is insane! I don't listen to him cuz his drumming is so complex that my head strats to hurt! :DD And, yeah, after that I usually think...eh, ok, maybe I need to play guitar instead of drums? But hey, Marco plays guitar pretty awsome too, so... :DDD
He is really pushing the boundries of drumming...a madman... all my respect to him!

you took the words out of my mouth...

jammaster said:

If you wanna know the truth, it isn't THAT complicated, you just have to figure out which are the hands and whichc are the feets..lol, thats the hard part, everything else, such as odd time sig.'s and patterns and what not, are easy to figure out and to do, but no doubt, he's insane, i like his drumming because its so different from every other drummers, His hands and feet are independant and interdependant on each other, its wild, i love trying to figure out what comes next.

I know this is a bold remark But Minnemann has brought somthing to the drumming community that noone else has. Incredible Innovation!!!! This guy is simply amazing
Actualy i lied in the Agren Thread I Think Minnemann may also be another fav !! Dang it too many Incredible drummers lol

Marco is a monster behind the kit. There is no other way to slice it. He is amazing.

Scatman said:
Other than Thomas Lang Marco has the best independence of any drummer

That is a BOLD statement my friend...While I love Marco and Lang there are a number of drummers who have displayed more advanced independence than both of them...Marco has some of the most intense facial expressions when playing...I love it...

While I love Marco and Lang there are a number of drummers who have displayed more advanced independence than both of them

that's also a pretty bold statement. i made a huge post on here somewhere a while ago about the technical impossibility of asessing independance based on listening.

'there's no way anyone could possibly know that napoleon'

what can't be argued is that minneman made a huge stride in bringing true ostinato playing to the masses with 'extreme interdependance'

i made a huge post on here somewhere a while ago about the technical impossibility of asessing independance based on listening.

Could you elaborate? That seems like a fun topic...

He is one of my favorite drummers. His solos are really unique and when he plays with a band his playing really adds alot to the music.

Last edited:
i got his extreme drumming DVD the other day (actually they delivered two by accident so i'm selling one on ebay at the moment).

my initial feelings are that he is comparableto virgil donatti in chops but he certainly grooves more, the man is a machine when it comes to speed and a great showman too. i'm keen to learn more about him.

j

and of five said:
that's also a pretty bold statement. i made a huge post on here somewhere a while ago about the technical impossibility of asessing independance based on listening.

'there's no way anyone could possibly know that napoleon'

what can't be argued is that minneman made a huge stride in bringing true ostinato playing to the masses with 'extreme interdependance'

Speaking of insane ostinatos and independence; Sanchez and Hernandez come to mind.

Lets not forget Bozzio as long as we are on the topic of independence. He was doing the same thing marco is doing 12 years ago. Although, marco imho is a little more fluid in that respect.

i just recently got into marco's playing, through his work with paul gilbert....the dude is amazing....can't be a slouch when you are playing with dudes the calibre of mr.gilbert..........

I'm glad he switched to Zildjian too. I'm not sure what he was thinking with those old cymbals.

Back