Axis "Dock O'Matic"

ncc

Silver Member
HI.

Has anyone bought one of the AXIS "Dock O'Matic" pedal docs? It seems a bit pricy, but it also It looks like it can be left on to the bass drum hoop, and then slid over the pedal's 2 rubber feet to hold the pedal in place. If so, setup/teardown could be a lot easier.

Anyone have one of these that can provide comments?

Thanks!

HI.

Has anyone bought one of the AXIS "Dock O'Matic" pedal docs? It seems a bit pricy, but it also It looks like it can be left on to the bass drum hoop, and then slid over the pedal's 2 rubber feet to hold the pedal in place. If so, setup/teardown could be a lot easier.

Anyone have one of these that can provide comments?

Thanks!

I don't think any easier, like the vid says OCD relief and the beaters centered.

I used my AXIS without the clamp, the easiest.

I called Axis and Karen told me that the dock was first designed for centering 2 beaters, but they saw the potential for allowing a single beater dock as well and now works that way too. She did confirm that the dock can/should be left on the bass drum hoop and that the 2 bottom bumper stoppers fit into the appropriate 2 holes on the pedal. So you simply put the bass drum down on the pedal and there is nothing more to do. As far as drum walking, since the dock is mounted on the bass drum and then sits tightly on the bumpers, I don't think may be any problems (unless the bass drum jumps off the rubber feet stops on the pedal). I thinking to invest in the dock and give it a shot. Ill post to this thread when that happens.

Aaaaaah ok that makes it clear! Didn't notice that there were holes on the dock that fit the bumpers!

Well then it's almost the principle of the sonor giant step docking station which I actually like.. Makes it a nightmare to take your own pedal to gigs or so tho..

Does anyone own a Dock-O-Matic that would be willing to get the full dimensions, and post them on this thread? If I can machine this piece out of the same material and not pay a fortune for machined aluminum, any input would be great.

Back