Drum Throne Broke.

Drumrguy67

The othe day i was playing my drums when i got up to get some water. when i came back down my little sister had gotten on my computer and i had to wait an hour before i could play drums again. so when i finnaly got back behind my kit i sat down on the throne and the piece that connects the seat to the adjustment pole just snapped. What i want to know is, is this normal. i got the seat with my $200 stagg set. So should i beat her up or does this happen with these seats.

The othe day i was playing my drums when i got up to get some water. when i came back down my little sister had gotten on my computer and i had to wait an hour before i could play drums again. so when i finnaly got back behind my kit i sat down on the throne and the piece that connects the seat to the adjustment pole just snapped. What i want to know is, is this normal. i got the seat with my $200 stagg set. So should i beat her up or does this happen with these seats.

If the whole kit was $200 hardware and all....then I wouldn't be surprised.

1st - Never beat up your sister. Ever.

2nd - You are probably experiencing a consequence of the quality level of your hardware. I've never seen a good, well made throne break in that way. I let my church keep my Tama Titan throne that was 30 years old. The main issue that I had was the seat was mostly foam and duct tape. The pole adapter that attached to the seat and the main hardware still worked great.

3rd - You sound young but as you get older that piece of equipment gets more important. Save some money and get at least a good one and it will probably last a very long time. Buy a cheap one and expect it to break down in some way soon. I have (2) thrones that both cost me about $140-$150 but are very comfortable and well built. They are both about 8-9 years old and are still working without a hitch. You can probably find a basic, good used throne for $50-60.

HTH

Jim

Buy a Roc-n-Soc they never break

1st - Never beat up your sister. Ever.

2nd - You are probably experiencing a consequence of the quality level of your hardware. I've never seen a good, well made throne break in that way. I let my church keep my Tama Titan throne that was 30 years old. The main issue that I had was the seat was mostly foam and duct tape. The pole adapter that attached to the seat and the main hardware still worked great.

3rd - You sound young but as you get older that piece of equipment gets more important. Save some money and get at least a good one and it will probably last a very long time. Buy a cheap one and expect it to break down in some way soon. I have (2) thrones that both cost me about $140-$150 but are very comfortable and well built. They are both about 8-9 years old and are still working without a hitch. You can probably find a basic, good used throne for $50-60.

HTH

Jim

^This exactly. Especially point number 1.

Save up your money and purchase a good quality throne like a Roc-N-Soc or Gibralter. Check places like Craigslist, Ebay or local music stores, etc. for used equipment.

I always make sure my drum throne has plenty of money so it is never broke.

Beat your sister without mercy on general principle, then go get a throne that doesn't suck. I spent almost as much on my throne as you did on your 200 dollar kit.

I spent more on my throne than your kit!

Cheap hardware sucks but you can still use it. Cheap thrones are a disaster in waiting!

Davo

Well, not sure what you should do with your sister, but it sounds like its time for a new throne. If you have sufficient amounts of money, a good throne will run you between $135 to $200 depending on which one you got.

However, if you have no money, there are some cheaper alternatives. Look at Tama, Yamaha, and Pearl, they tend to have some in that $80 - $130 range that are just like their big heavy ones, just a little bit lighter. The important thing is having the spindle for height adjustment (you rotate the seat to make it go up and down). If it has that, chances are the rest of it is built well. Check out MusiciansFriend.com and look at their offerings to get an idea of what's out there.

I suggest you guys go to IKEA and get a regular chair for that computer desk too.

Back