Snare Resonant Head

Sparkman

Which resonant head should I get for my snare drum. The Aquarian Hi-Performance or the Evans Hazy 300. Is the sound from each head going to be about the same, or is it going to be totally different? Which head do you suggest?

Can't speak intelligently about the Aquarian head, but the Evans hazy 300 is basically the industry standard weight for a snare reso head. The 300 is a fine head. I never had snare wires puncture the head. The Aquarian head...it's a good idea I suppose, but I cant see the thicker part imparting a better tone, of course that's just a guess. All your heros most likely use the hazy 300 or equivalant.

i use 200 weight resos on my snares like a remo diplomat snare or an evans hazy 200.

the thinner the better. I think it allows the snares to dig in more and it stops the sympathetic buzz. they are also very sensitive so you can play as quiet as you can and still get snare response.

I don't have any experience with the aquarians though.

The Aquarian Hi-energy.

Trust me, if you're going Aquarian on top, go w/ Aquarian for reso!! Email or call Aquarian, they'll answer you immediately ....ask them what they suggest.

You won't be dissapointed!

Trust me, if you're going Aquarian on top, go w/ Aquarian for reso!! Email or call Aquarian, they'll answer you immediately ....ask them what they suggest.

You won't be dissapointed!

I don't think Aquarian is going to suggest a drum head from a competitor...So that's why I post these questions here. If you say Aquarian on top then put Aquarian on the bottom too, maybe that's what I will go with.

I'm still open to either head though, so post away DW.

I don't think Aquarian is going to suggest a drum head from a competitor...So that's why I post these questions here. If you say Aquarian on top then put Aquarian on the bottom too, maybe that's what I will go with.

I'm still open to either head though, so post away DW.

I know that, what I'm saying is, ...if you have Aquarian on top, go with an Aquarian on the bottom and ask them which Aquarian reso they suggest.

I have Evans Genera HD Dry on all but one of my snares. The other one has an
Evans G2 coated head from a tom for a fat sound.

I know that, what I'm saying is, ...if you have Aquarian on top, go with an Aquarian on the bottom and ask them which Aquarian reso they suggest.

As far as I understand it, they only have two snare resonant heads which are both the same except that the Hi-performance is more reinforced.

As far as I understand it, they only have two snare resonant heads which are both the same except that the Hi-performance is more reinforced.

The only difference between them is the padding so your snares don't rest against the head.

Just go with the Classic Clear Snare Side ..........

Back