Need opinions and heads.....

Sugarfree Sean

Hey everyone -

I have upgraded my kit and need to get all new heads. I have used them all, Evans, Aquariun, etc. I am trying to get a feel of what you use and maybe a different head would help me out.

I have a Ddrum Dominion Maple. I play 80's hair metal and play loud and hard.
Looking to use good projection and deep bass.

thanks for your input.

Sean

Personally I really don't have a brand loyalty. I tend to stick to Remo because they're usually cheaper. I would go with a clean double ply over a clear single. Look around on Amazon and see which brand you can find for the best deal. Did this recently and scored a good deal on new heads for my kit.

Which ones have you used? G2? Models? If you want loud, then a good single ply is good, like an Ambassador, but if you play hard all the time, then you'll be replacing heads alot. But you can get good sounds from standard single-ply heads.

Hey everyone -

I have upgraded my kit and need to get all new heads. I have used them all, Evans, Aquariun, etc. I am trying to get a feel of what you use and maybe a different head would help me out.

I have a Ddrum Dominion Maple. I play 80's hair metal and play loud and hard.
Looking to use good projection and deep bass.

thanks for your input.

Sean
I also have a Ddrum Doiminion Maple, Have you still got the stock heads? because you can tune them to sound awesome.

I suggest clear G2 on top of the toms and EC Resonant on the bottom. That combo is deep and durable. Peace and goodwill.

I will always recommend Aquarian to everyone - nothing beats them for cost & durability. Their coating lasts 3 times as long as everyone else's and is normally cheaper. Great range and great company. I do wish they did a fibreskin head mind you.

any of their 2 ply heads will take a hard beating and sound great. I play HARD and my snare head wears out about once a year!

Remos and evans' coatings are shocking in comparison! I had a remo start flaking after a 4 hour session!

Clear G2's come to mind when reading your discription. If you're looking for a more controlled focused sound, the Aquarian super 2's with studio X rings might be a good choice. As for reso's, I have the EC's and I think they're great.

Back