PDP Concept Maple 7 piece Full review

I thought the drums sounded pretty good, & I much prefer these lugs to the standard DW turrets, but that's just my preference.

As for badges, I suppose if they're regarded as an integral part of the aesthetic, then to some, their placement may have some importance. To such manufacturers, I suspect badge placement is probably more a brand exposure issue than it is to most players, although many players are brand focused, and regard displaying their chosen brand as important. As with all things, it's a personal thing, & everyone is entitled to their POV.

We get around such issues by making sure our badges are as small as possible, thus relieving our customers from the stress of placement considerations, plus we make both the appearance & sound of our drums so distinctive, that you don't have to ask who made them ;)

These PDP kits have a more "generic Asian parts bin" vibe to their hardware, so for those who find brand exposure important, I suppose badge placement becomes a consideration.

The point is missed once again, and easily by younger drummers.

In the OLD DAYS, the hardware sucked

Now, it is engineered to mount the shells Properly, so why not be diligent, and proud of your kit versus being halfassed, as halfassed is a reflection of ones laziness

WORK IT OUT, spend the time to get it right

Back