Yer next item on the list

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
To purchase of course.

So what's it gonna be boy?

More specificity is required. Please.

I would like to eventually buy a wood snare - maybe an old 60's 3 ply mahogany Ludwig or Slingerland.
Or I'd also like to try a Kapur snare - maybe the discontinued Pearl one or a Yamaha Club Custom.
Winter coming - looking for warm/mellow.
And what about you Larry? you seem to me the drummer with ....everything... even a great band to play often with.

DW Collector's Series Exotic.

I'm going to get a 21" Zildjian Sweet Ride next to replace my 20" Sabian Pro Ride, but it won't be for awhile. I'm not exactly sure though which ride to get. In the meanwhile I'll be doing some upgrades on my drums.

Last edited:
Another set of drum cases (bags).
And a four wheeled cart.

(Thanks Santa)

Well, whichever of these I can get my hands on first: 3-ply Ludwig 24x14, 16x16 and 18x16. I'm hoping for champagne sparkle and a bass with a rail mount. Besides that I'm looking for a '70s 14x6.5 Supraphonic with a pointy B/O badge.

I would like to eventually buy a wood snare - maybe an old 60's 3 ply mahogany Ludwig or Slingerland.
Or I'd also like to try a Kapur snare - maybe the discontinued Pearl one or a Yamaha Club Custom.
Winter coming - looking for warm/mellow.
And what about you Larry? you seem to me the drummer with ....everything... even a great band to play often with.

The only thing I would get at this point is a set of metal gig drums. Oriollo doesn't make my sizes yet so I may wait it out with him. There's Echo drums that I like a lot. Not too sure who else makes metal drums. I want a boutique manufacturer, not a Ludwig SS.

More specificity is required. Please.
A smashing used DW collectors kit, but will settle for a measly Mapex Saturn. LOL!

More realistically, the finance company may actually approve a Saturn, where as I may die long before I can ever get the DW. If I have to chose between the DW Performance or the Saturn though, than it's a no contest. Saturn all the way. I could also be swayed by a georgious Tama Starclassic Babinga, or comparable Sonar or Yamaha kit. I'm not terribly picky. All sound excellent, yet different.

Number one on my wish list right now is a 22" Zildjian K Dark Medium Ride....but first I have to sell my 22" Z3 Med Heavy Ride to help finance it...so far no bites.

A smashing used DW collectors kit, but will settle for a measly Mapex Saturn. LOL!

More realistically, the finance company may actually approve a Saturn, where as I may die long before I can ever get the DW. If I have to chose between the DW Performance or the Saturn though, than it's a no contest. Saturn all the way. I could also be swayed by a georgious Tama Starclassic Babinga, or comparable Sonar or Yamaha kit. I'm not terribly picky. All sound excellent, yet different.

Tell the finance company Saturn and they may think its a used car. Loan approved.

The Jenkins Martin set I hear on youtube are sounding pretty nice. That might be my next real set after so many years.

I need a new throne for a kit I'm using with a new project.

I'm not sure what I want, other than I'm not liking motorcycle style seats anymore. I'm considering a Carmichael or an Ahead Spinal-G, but may opt for something for conventional.

I could also use some new (to me) larger and darker crashes, but what I'm currently using is doing the job.

Well, glad you asked.

I want to seed a few electronic pads around the acoustic kit to trigger sounds off my DTX Multi-12. So three used Yamaha pads (probably TP65s or 70s or whatever is the right price at the right time), plus cords. Already have Yamaha mounting arms.

Then I will be bulking up on microphones and studio gear. I will almost certainly buy microphones separately in the following order: kick, snare, overheads, toms. I have my short list of preferred mics for each application and will just be watching the sales. Mic stands/clamps and cables, of course, have to accompany each new purchase, although I have a few of each already.

For studio gear, I'm starting with a 16-track interface, and I have yet to completely A/B them all. I have a great little Yamaha 4-channel mixer to use as the headphone amp, and I'll probably want to put them both in a small rack with a power conditioner. The DAW will probably live in a touchscreen laptop - don't know about you, but trying to steer a touchpad from behind the drumset is officially last decade.

Yamaha absolutely refuses to put its controller app for the DTX Multi-12 on Android or Windows, so I might have to buy an iPad for that one thing. With a tablet holder. Sigh. I'm going small and used for that purchase.

I also need a couple of cymbal stands, but that'll happen as sales pop up.

So if any of you are sitting on several thousand dollars and wondering what to buy me for Christmas... or my birthday...

A new, solid, deep snare.

I ordered a DW snare drum (never say never) a little over a month ago. Should be arriving in the next couple of weeks.

I ordered a DW snare drum (never say never) a little over a month ago. Should be arriving in the next couple of weeks.
What model/style did you order, Isits?

Back