Help pricing lessons

heavy-metal-bongos

I'm 15 years old, been playing drums for the last 5 years and am confident to take on teaching drums to young beginners as i feel teaching others may help my own drumming, also I think it would be great if i were to be able to get someone with little/no experience to a simillar level that i'm at now.
I've planned my lessons, however I need to find a rate that is not so expensive that no one will be interested seeing as i'm a young age still in school, but i also don't want to be rediculously cheap that will make other tutors' students switch to me as that is not my aim.
I need to be able to cover the costs of printing resources, set up a fund so i can set up a band in the future (to pay for studios etc) and i would like a bit of cash for the meantime so i can go out a bit. My drum lessons are also £25/hour just for your consideration.

Cheers,
Ben

I would first try to find out the range of pricing for drum lessons. In my city, you can go to the city council and find out since the lesson teachers band together to prevent issues with pricing, organizing recitals, etc.

Once you know the range at which drummers charge for lessons I would go on the low end of the spectrum since you are starting out.

You don't want to be too low or you would drive other people's prices low for competition and ruin their income.

Being too high will just drive people away from you.

If you have Craig's list or something similar, check there and see what others are charging. I'm thinking since you are 15 you should at least be on the mean or a little less.

Back