Post your youth pics here.

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I found this pic of me the other day. I was around 15 possibly 16 years old. 1973 or 74. I was in my parents basement playing my first set of drums, gold sparkle Stewarts.

It's the only proof I have that I started out playing traditional grip.

I was probably high there too lol.

Let's see yours!

Attachments

• larryteen.jpg
    larryteen.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,045
Here's me as an 18-year-old kid in 1991 playing a huge set of Ludwig Classic Maples (12-13-14-18-24x2) in Monterey, CA with my band at the time.

Attachments

• stiletto 91.jpg
    stiletto 91.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 963

The Invaders, playing a Jr. High School dance in 1964.

I was 14 years old.

WJ-vi.jpg

Circa 1967. Black Agate Stewart drums and fuzzy dice. What more do you need?

Attachments

• StewartDrums1967.jpg
    StewartDrums1967.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 932
I'm seeing my fair share of paneling lol. Pretty cool pics. Hollywood, you look like Gene Krupa up there. Really cool pic.

I'm so jealous of these superb pictures. I have absolutely no pictures or recordings (except one dug up recently) of my early years due to a rented accommodation getting raided in the 90's and all my stuff being stolen. Bastards!!!!!!

Hollywood, you look like Gene Krupa up there. Really cool pic.

Larry:

Funny you should mention that. When my Dad was hired to work on the Gene Krupa movie he told his friend the casting director that he knew a 9 year old drummer (me) that could play the part of Krupa when he was a young boy. The casting director and the movie producer kicked the idea around for a couple of days.

In the end they decided that they did not want to go back that far in Krupa's career.

Imagine how that opportunity would have changed my life........

Larry:

Funny you should mention that. When my Dad was hired to work on the Gene Krupa movie he told his friend the casting director that he knew a 9 year old drummer (me) that could play the part of Krupa when he was a young boy. The casting director and the movie producer kicked the idea around for a couple of days.

In the end they decided that they did not want to go back that far in Krupa's career.

Imagine how that opportunity would have changed my life........

Wow...you were THAT close...You definitely could have done it. Pretty cool but oh well.

Anthony such a great band shot ! Nice.
In 40 years you can re=post it on DW like the older folks on here.

ha ! some great ones. ALSO will never forgive myself for selling a '78 slingerland set in silver sparkle / maple [sold in Miami to a collector to buy a jazz kit...arg]. but still have the 12-lug spitfire snare in the shot below. this pic is from 1984 complete w/ "The Police" inspired Cannon Toms. could never afford octobans back in the day. heh.

38762_413194461758_968218_n.jpg

Back