The old DDARIO drum forum from 10+ years ago?

DrummerCA35

Do any of you remember the ddario (I think that's what it was) drum forum from maybe 10 years ago? With members like poopypants, clockwork orange, the big giant head, hotdrumchick and so forth? Where the flames where abundant?

Where questions like "What brand should I buy" were met like wolves pouncing on a chicken with rampant flames and insults?

Where any of you guys on that forum?

I was an active member, I believe Mike Robinson was the admin/mod. Necessary moderation was inconsistent and slow in coming, and the forum gradually ground to a halt. I recall that it was revived, but few people returned and traffic was almost non-existent. By that time, Drummerworld and a few other forums had a solid foothold on drum forum participation.

Bermuda

I was an active member, I believe Mike Robinson was the admin/mod. Necessary moderation was inconsistent and slow in coming, and the forum gradually ground to a halt. I recall that it was revived, but few people returned and traffic was almost non-existent. By that time, Drummerworld and a few other forums had a solid foothold on drum forum participation.

Bermuda

Cool, thanks for the info, Bermuda. I remember the sarcasm and flames on that forum could be hilarious depending on one's sense of humor. Any of these questions could invite put-downs, flames, sarcasm...

"What brand of drums should I buy?"

"What's better, maple or birch?"

I remember asking about the sticking on the end of Zepplin's "Rock and Roll" and the response was something like "Jesus F***** c****, man! You should know this! Look it up!" This was typical for that forum.

Back