Stupid/Noob Question

Omnivium

What could happen IF I'm hitting my bass drum to hard?
I just got this drum set and I need it to last me and I don't want to break anything but a stupid mistake, and if I'm hitting it to hard how would I know without causing damage? Thanks guys

The drum will be fine, it's the head or even the pedal that would be susceptible to breakage. You can always use a patch to prolong head durability. As for the pedal, just don't use an elephant foot.

Drums are made to be hit mate. Under normal circumstances they'll hold up to some pretty heavy handed playing.....but there does come a point where playing too hard just negates the purpose anyway.

The drum will be fine, it's the head or even the pedal that would be susceptible to breakage. You can always use a patch to prolong head durability. As for the pedal, just don't use an elephant foot.

Drums are made to be hit mate. Under normal circumstances they'll hold up to some pretty heavy handed playing.....but there does come a point where playing too hard just negates the purpose anyway.

Alright thanks, just checking haha, patches are cheap right? $5-10?

Thanks! Curious, do they do anything else besides protect the bass drum?

Some say that they hear a little more of a "clicky" sound in the attack. I can't say I hear anything that different that it would cause me not to use one. I know that the heads last ages and that I've never broken a bass drum head with a patch on it. Good enough for me to have kept using them all these years.

Some say that they hear a little more of a "clicky" sound in the attack. I can't say I hear anything that different that it would cause me not to use one. I know that the heads last ages and that I've never broken a bass drum head with a patch on it. Good enough for me to have kept using them all these years.

Alright thanks, I'm a noob with all this stuff I just started to play

Back