Still enjoying Hendrix-38 yrs. since his passing

bonzolead

Platinum Member
His music timeless,inovative,and downright cool it's been 38 yrs. since he left us,I'll be listening to "are you experienced" on the way home tonight.it's crazy that only Mitch Mitchell is left from the experience and Billy Cox from the Gypsies those two cats to this day would make one of the baddest rhythm sections around.thank you Jimi for all the great music.

Bonzolead

I couldn't agree more. I'll be celebrating the holy trinity (experienced/axis/electric) today...
Yes the holy trinity I never heard it call that before but it makes sence for sure.I liked the Gypsies stuff also if you can't. groove with the Gypsies you just can't. groove LOL

Bonzolead

Wow...Machine Gun just popped up on my iPod as I read this. Eerie.
yes I have "are you experienced" in my car without realizing it was the aniver. of his death
I just realized it since he died 10 days before I was born......eerie also.

Bonzolead

Hendrix's music will endure for centuries because of its brilliance, originality and virtuosity. It's a pity he died at 27, with hundreds of amazing songs that will never be heard.

People should be remembered in the totality of who they were. If you die by overdosing on drugs and choking on your vomit at the height of your career, expect some people to remark on your incredible stupidity as well.

Hendrix's music will endure for centuries because of its brilliance, originality and virtuosity. It's a pity he died at 27, with hundreds of amazing songs that will never be heard.

People should be remembered in the totality of who they were. If you die by overdosing on drugs and choking on your vomit at the height of your career, expect some people to remark on your incredible stupidity as well.
True that it's really a shame when a legend goes out like that...........Janis,Morrison,Bonham,Moon,Poccaro,Bon Scott,Ray Gillen the list could go on & on.at least we have there music too reflect.

Bonzolead

True that it's really a shame when a legend goes out like that...........Janis,Morrison,Bonham,Moon,Poccaro,Bon Scott,Ray Gillen the list could go on & on.at least we have there music too reflect.

Bonzolead

What makes me saddest is thinking about all of the great songs that were just waiting to be created that now will never be heard. Imagine if Bob Dylan, Paul Simon or any number of other great songwriters and musicians had died in their 20s. How many songs that we now enjoy would never have been created?

What makes me saddest is thinking about all of the great songs that were just waiting to be created that now will never be heard. Imagine if Bob Dylan, Paul Simon or any number of other great songwriters and musicians had died in their 20s. How many songs that we now enjoy would never have been created?

Hello, DMC and Bonzolead.

I fully agree, a quiet few songs. It's surprisingly and astonishing how much original music was created with one drummer, one guitarist, one bassist, one singer.

Best Regards,

Yeah that's very sad.
Imagine if he was still alive, there would've been hundreds and hundreds of great songs more !

Little Wing is my personal favorite Hendrix tune. I insist that we play it at every gig along with Red House. I still watch the Woodstock video frequently.

Back