Pearl Drum Forum: VIRUS ALARM

Re: PDF virus beware...

Oww thats too bad for PDF. It seems like there have been a lot of problems going on there, and now a computer destroying virus??

Hopefully things get fixed up.

The thing is in my case, I don't see any red flags that warn me about the virus, unless my Nortons 360 and my Firewalls are protecting my computer. Does anyone know where this initiated from.

Dennis
In my case, as a Mac user, the warning flags come from Safari, (my apple web browser)
Safari warns me of many sites that are in a Google search also.
It flags them on the results page after a Google search.

Does anyone know where this initiated from.

As posted by Bernhard in the other Pearl forum thread: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55976

Dear PDF Member,

Sometimes it's tough being the #1 drum forum on the web!

The Pearl Drummers Forum was recently attacked which resulted in us being flagged by Google as a "potentially harmful" site. Aside from encouraging future doctors, teachers, and scientists to spend their money on drums instead of tuition, we are exceptionally harmless. :)

We're working in a combined effort with Google and our other web partners to clear up this matter as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued support and contributions to the Pearl Drummers Forum and we'll be back stronger than ever very soon.

Pearl Corporation

Unfortunately I had a link on my desktop that took me right to their site, so I didnt see any of the warnings beforehand... I'm in the midst of a complete Windows format/reload now. I did have virus program running but it got past it! Nasty indeed... Pearl should ship me one of their brass Ref snares as compensation... (ya right!)

I know this thread is older however, I am sharing the same problem trying to create an account with PDF. I have tried two times already and my account gets wiped within a day.

Perhaps you can help Dale?

You're probably better off not being there in the first place. Consider it an Omen.

Dennis

like someone above said, you aren't missing out on much. PDF is ran by a bunch of corrupt MOD's who play favorites and if you don't kiss their asses they will make your posting experience hell, or they will just simply delete you. Its a horrible forum. best advice is just to steer clear from that joke of a forum

like someone above said, you aren't missing out on much. PDF is ran by a bunch of corrupt MOD's who play favorites and if you don't kiss their asses they will make your posting experience hell, or they will just simply delete you. Its a horrible forum. best advice is just to steer clear from that joke of a forum

You've dragged up a two year old thread just to rag on PDF? A shade bitter wouldn't you say? I take it you're not happy with how you were treated there mate.

You've dragged up a two year old thread just to rag on PDF? A shade bitter wouldn't you say? I take it you're not happy with how you were treated there mate.

well, i am new here so i didn't realize the post was so old. im not trying to dig stuff up.

also, yes, the MODs were truly awful. they played favorites and if they didn't agree with what you were saying. they treated you like trash.

well, i am new here so i didn't realize the post was so old. im not trying to dig stuff up.

also, yes, the MODs were truly awful. they played favorites and if they didn't agree with what you were saying. they treated you like trash.

Well, onwards and upwards then mate.

Welcome aboard. It's a great place and the mods are fair and friendly. If they need to act, then rest assured it's not they who are out of line.

Well, onwards and upwards then mate.

Welcome aboard. It's a great place and the mods are fair and friendly. If they need to act, then rest assured it's not they who are out of line.

well thank you! Its not like im looking for trouble or anything like that. I don't want people to get the wrong impression. I just have my own mind, my own voice and opinions and i guess some people don't always like what i have to say about certain things. I like to have a nice healthy debate every now and again. I am pretty laid back for the most part

It's encouraged here mate........we have plenty of them. Debate the topic at hand, don't get personal and you'll be in for some great discussions with many valid points of view.

thats exactly the way i see it. you cant take things personally when you are debating. lets jut say those PDF MODs did lol

Re: pearl drummers forum registration issues

Never heard about Kapersky Virus - is this something serious? What is a anti-virus program?

...or do i have no problems just because i'm on a mac?

Bernhard

It's an anti virus product- they sponsor the Ferrari formula 1 team

Back