DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:42 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Why Modern Pop Music Is So Awful To Some!!!

Respectfully, if I may...discussions like this aren't purpose-less at all. It allows us the opportunity to see a subject from a completely different POV than our own. Kind of a big deal for expansion of the mind.

Ever hear the story of the two blind men and the elephant? One blind man is holding the trunk of the elephant and the other blind guy is holding the tail of the elephant.

A 3rd person come up and asks both men what an elephant feels like.

The first blind man says, "an elephant feels like a long heavy wrinkled firehose"

The second blind man said, "an elephant feels like a piece of rope with a tassle on the end".

They both are right. Let's not diss the person who is seeing something from the south as opposed to the north.

Keeping things open and accepting different POV's is crucial if you want to learn and grow.

If I was in the other person shoes and was subject to all the circumstances the other person had, I would probably be of the same opinion as that person.

We're all very similar, we are just seeing a subject from many different sides other than our own.

Just like the two blind men and the elephant story.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolsoul View Post
I defend quality music and the world has not stopped turning since The Last Poets..

If you have the opinion that Kanye West never produced a worthwhile Hip Hop album in his life, then thats perfectly ok and if you lead a happy life with that opinion then thats even better..

Mike Stand wrote that he thinks the discussion had a purpose, but in my opinion discussions like this are purposeless by definition, because they are based 99% on someones taste..People will not start listening music with 'new ears' after reading a discussion like this..

Discussions like this are like political debates..They are not meant to change someones opinion or to make the other see/hear things different or to come to some sort of an agreement..They are only meant to shout out a few opinions to the world and nothing else..

Thats what i also made now 9 times and i agree with Mike Stand that enough is enough..lol..

And dale w miller spoke some wise words in this thread btw..
I never stated that I feel one way or another about Kanye ... he's found his niche ... and much of it is quite good

but I do not feel that he is the best example of someone who personifies the hip hop culture ... sure there are worse examples I guess ... but not many

you know as well as I do that having discussions about hip hop with people who don't understand the culture is useless

you have to sort of have a certain understanding of things to completely appreciate and have a connection with hip hop

... not unlike the way you have to have a certain understanding of things to completely appreciate and have a connection country music

not everyone drives a pick up, goes fishing in the dark, and knows the exact shade of green that John Deere uses

if you've never been to the South Bronx then you really don't know what KRS was talking about

doesn't mean you can't dig it ... just means you'll never fully understand it
Old 09-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I defend quality music and the world has not stopped turning since The Last Poets..

If you have the opinion that Kanye West never produced a worthwhile Hip Hop album in his life, then thats perfectly ok and if you lead a happy life with that opinion then thats even better..

Mike Stand wrote that he thinks the discussion had a purpose, but in my opinion discussions like this are purposeless by definition, because they are based 99% on someones taste..People will not start listening music with 'new ears' after reading a discussion like this..

Discussions like this are like political debates..They are not meant to change someones opinion or to make the other see/hear things different or to come to some sort of an agreement..They are only meant to shout out a few opinions to the world and nothing else..

Thats what i also made now 9 times and i agree with Mike Stand that enough is enough..lol..
Though I agree with the fact that an extreme majority of people have already made up their minds, if can get one person to open up just a little, it’s worth it to me.

Do you believe there is good taste and bad taste?

Quote:
And dale w miller spoke some wise words in this thread btw..
Thanks.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsTony? View Post
..but I do not feel that he is the best example of someone who personifies the hip hop culture..

Thats not why i chose him as an example, allthough i truly have the opinion that musically and creatively within mainstream Hip Hop he is one of the leading artists from the past 15 years..To me thats kinda an objective fact, especially when you put each of his albums in perspective of the time of release..

Personally, my taste regarding Hip Hop goes more to the Golden Age or guys from Def Jux like El-P or Cannibal Ox or whatever..But the fact that my taste is more into that direction, says nothing about the objective quality of some mainstream Hip Hop..

I chose him as an example because everyone has an opinion about him..And, discussions like this will almost never have the effect that other people really start listening with other ears to something, because they see their 'taste' as being 'kinda the truth'..Thats human, thats what we all have..

Like, i agree with Larry that hearing other peoples opinions and thinking about them will expand the mind..Thats a fact..No discussion about that..But for that people also have to be willing and interested and when some music is very far away from someones personal taste, then that gets very difficult i think..

And, to be clear, there is no right or wrong in my opinion..Taste is taste and everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they want..I suppose that everyone who replies here thankfully lives in a part of the world where having a free taste/opinion is allowed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
..Though I agree with the fact that an extreme majority of people have already made up their minds, if can get one person to open up just a little, it’s worth it to me..

Some wise words again, maybe this thread purpose is just like that..
Old 09-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

Hereís an article I was asked to write about ten years ago. It brings in the connections between jazz, which I know is an overall respected genre, and hip-hop. If you take the small amount of time to read it, I hope you enjoy it.

http://somuchsilence.com/?p=635
Old 09-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

I did indicate that I was withdrawing from the discussion, but to be clear I wasn't saying "enough is enough". As long as the debate remains civilised who can rightfully say that it should end (excepting the mods of course)?

I just thought that I'd contributed the essence of my own view point as best I possibly can. If others are now adding to the mix, then viva the debate!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Thats not why i chose him as an example, allthough i truly have the opinion that musically and creatively within mainstream Hip Hop he is one of the leading artists from the past 15 years..To me thats kinda an objective fact, especially when you put each of his albums in perspective of the time of release..

Personally, my taste regarding Hip Hop goes more to the Golden Age or guys from Def Jux like El-P or Cannibal Ox or whatever..But the fact that my taste is more into that direction, says nothing about the objective quality of some mainstream Hip Hop..

I chose him as an example because everyone has an opinion about him..And, discussions like this will almost never have the effect that other people really start listening with other ears to something, because they see their 'taste' as being 'kinda the truth'..Thats human, thats what we all have..

Like, i agree with Larry that hearing other peoples opinions and thinking about them will expand the mind..Thats a fact..No discussion about that..But for that people also have to be willing and interested and when some music is very far away from someones personal taste, then that gets very difficult i think..

And, to be clear, there is no right or wrong in my opinion..Taste is taste and everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they want..I suppose that everyone who replies here thankfully lives in a part of the world where having a free taste/opinion is allowed..

Some wise words again, maybe this thread purpose is just like that..

it seems your taste and mine align

I was listening to the Cold Vein on my drive into the studio this morning
Old 09-15-2018, 08:19 PM
Administrator - Mayor

Quote:
This is an example of what I was talking about. If you truly donít like rap as whole, which is a respected art, how educated is your opinion on whether or not Kanye does it well? Why should we even listen to it?
I have heard enough. My opinion is based on what I have heard and what I do or don't like. You don't have to listen to my opinion, but I am certainly allowed to have one.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
...If you truly don’t like rap as whole, which is a respected art, how educated is your opinion...
One mans art is another mans urnal..

https://www.wikiart.org/en/marcel-duchamp/fountain-1917

Frightening part is, it’s the “educated” that categorized this as art. Doesn’t make it so.

I didn’t start this thread to turn one against the other. It really was about the attached video. Obviously no one watched, since there were no comments about the science behind it, however flawed it may be. To me it was interesting how narrow the field may have become. Like anything else, it was the opinion of the presenter. He referenced 60s and 70s music as a starting point. I don’t much like music from those times and wasn’t exposed to it growing up. I grew up on big band and rockabilly, and a slew of other stuff no one would recognize. I then got my fill of the 80s when we moved here.

I dug rap early on before it proceded a capital C, but doubt that would count enough to validate my opinion. I still wouldn’t care, the picture is still a urnal and way off topic.
Attached Images

Last edited by AzHeat; 09-15-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member

I thought that article I posted indicated that you must be some kind of genius if you like classical and jazz, and sadly an idiot if you like hip hop/rap. Least that was the gist of the article-don't shoot me I'm just the messenger (I don't believe that crap either). So pop, rock, country puts you in the middle I guess??? Anyways it's not just opinion but "settle science". Actually it isn't worth commenting but it does remind me didn't Bob Dylan win a Nobel prize for literature for his song writing? So definitely Dylan is an "Artist". I guess this is more related to the "Art thread" but no lots of Pop music was also Protest music so the "pop" label doesn't mean it can't be a powerful messenger that emerges more significant that you'd think. I'd say the same of hip hop/rap it really isn't that old of a genre that it's emergent significance can be appreciated. Seems like any new music is resisted initially jazz, rock, etc.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member

When I think of awful modern pop music, I think of auto tune turned up to 100%, harsh synthesized sounds that feel like chalkboard scraping and vocalists that sound like they are straining to poop on the first note of a phrase.

The "no instruments" thing kinda sucks too.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusWilliams View Post
In "Feel it still" by Portugal. The Man, there is a sort of electronic clap sound that starts the song and goes through the first verse and chorus. Then when the snare is introduced in the second verse it really amps up the dynamics.
Feel It Still starts with a rimshot. That song has a serious hook.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:42 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHeat View Post
One mans art is another mans urnal..

https://www.wikiart.org/en/marcel-duchamp/fountain-1917

Frightening part is, it’s the “educated” that categorized this as art. Doesn’t make it so.

I didn’t start this thread to turn one against the other. It really was about the attached video. Obviously no one watched, since there were no comments about the science behind it, however flawed it may be. To me it was interesting how narrow the field may have become. Like anything else, it was the opinion of the presenter. He referenced 60s and 70s music as a starting point. I don’t much like music from those times and wasn’t exposed to it growing up. I grew up on big band and rockabilly, and a slew of other stuff no one would recognize. I then got my fill of the 80s when we moved here.

I dug rap early on before it proceded a capital C, but doubt that would count enough to validate my opinion. I still wouldn’t care, the picture is still a urnal and way off topic.
Regarding the urinal, I disagree. DuChamp was an artist. It was an original form of expression. Obviously, it didn’t take any technical ability, but I don’t think that has to be the case to say something.

What has no credibility in the art world were all of the clones that followed DuChamp. His choice of expression was so extreme that any almost direct copy misses the point.

Take the song “All” by Descendents. I love that they did it. It’s punk rock at its best, but an entire album of nothing but songs like it would be ridiculous and would lose the power “All” has.

Though they usually go hand in hand, artistic expression and technical ability are two different things. Personally, I would rather watch an incredibly creative drummer with 25% of the technical ability of the player who does every Rush song note for note perfectly. Where is the art in being basically a copycat?
Old 09-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Administrator

I haven't had time to read all replies here, but just to add I'm a huge fan of modern pop music, just not 99% of the most commonly pumped out + super promoted stuff. I'm lucky enough to be exposed regularly to some super talented off the radar acts that fall right into the modern pop category, yet are fresh, innovative, & ultimately invigorating. Regrettably, it's corporate finances that restrict access to such acts by saturation of "preferred" heavily marketed material. In other words, if you yearn for great modern pop music, you really have go & search for it.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member

This video is a bit lengthy but about halfway through the discussion they discuss where it all really declined. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ycwnJArHQ
Old 09-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I haven't had time to read all replies here, but just to add I'm a huge fan of modern pop music, just not 99% of the most commonly pumped out + super promoted stuff. I'm lucky enough to be exposed regularly to some super talented off the radar acts that fall right into the modern pop category, yet are fresh, innovative, & ultimately invigorating. Regrettably, it's corporate finances that restrict access to such acts by saturation of "preferred" heavily marketed material. In other words, if you yearn for great modern pop music, you really have go & search for it.
I totally agree and I am one of those that are not exposed to much other then the main stream heavily marketed stuff. I like some of it and even try to play along with it but magic like they made in the 70's with the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac etc is gone. I get aggravated because I want to hear and play to new stuff but I just don't know where to look. I came across this tune from Foster the People, it's a newer song but with a 80's vibe and is great to play drums to, here is a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKLVpDTZOPQ
Old 09-16-2018, 03:11 PM
Platinum Member

The music industry reminds me of the news industry-both have looked for talent or stories, if none existed both try and invent one, the both seem to want to control their industries and wag the dog of public opinion by controlling what people see or hear. Seems like both have lost control of that (hooray) so now it's more free wheeling so people determine it-rather than a bunch of good ole boys who control what music or news we see. I get Sirius radio-it appears like variety but don't take long to realize they rehash the same over and over again. I think you have to hunt for music-much like you have to hunt for the news now.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer772 View Post
magic like they made in the 70's with the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac etc is gone.
Not completely - again, it's out there. Here's a video recorded in one of my favourite studios. New material - fresh delivery - beautifully recorded, yet absolutely with strong flavours of Wilson Phillips & Enya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeBfbFj55A

Of course, the laundry stuffed bass drum is super offensive, but you can't have everything eh! ;)

Quote:
I get aggravated because I want to hear and play to new stuff but I just don't know where to look. I came across this tune from Foster the People, it's a newer song but with a 80's vibe and is great to play drums to, here is a link
I like that - although far from "organic", it has a less contrived & process targeted vibe about it that's refreshing.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Not completely - again, it's out there. Here's a video recorded in one of my favourite studios. New material - fresh delivery - beautifully recorded, yet absolutely with strong flavours of Wilson Phillips & Enya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeBfbFj55A

Of course, the laundry stuffed bass drum is super offensive, but you can't have everything eh! ;)

I like that - although far from "organic", it has a less contrived & process targeted vibe about it that's refreshing.
Quote:
I totally agree and I am one of those that are not exposed to much other then the main stream heavily marketed stuff. I like some of it and even try to play along with it but magic like they made in the 70's with the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac etc is gone. I get aggravated because I want to hear and play to new stuff but I just don't know where to look. I came across this tune from Foster the People, it's a newer song but with a 80's vibe and is great to play drums to, here is a link
Both of these are modern examples of things we used to actually be able to hear commercially. Gets me to thinking. We should make stickies for different music styles and add links to great music to explore. Granted, not all will think they are all great, but after a while, we'll learn each others style, so we would likely be into the music certain individuals would post.

May be kinda fun. I know I need new stuff! It may work well, so long as we only post links to songs and not discuss them there. It would be a gold mine. I vote we do it. :)
Old 09-16-2018, 04:57 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
We should make stickies for different music styles and add links to great music to explore. Granted, not all will think they are all great, but after a while, we'll learn each others style, so we would likely be into the music certain individuals would post.

May be kinda fun. I know I need new stuff! It may work well, so long as we only post links to songs and not discuss them there. It would be a gold mine. I vote we do it. :)
Capital idea! In this era where it's harder to find new music that has what we seek, this could be really useful. 2000 people searching is surely better than 1 person searching.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Gold Member

Most of the bigger chart topping hit's today are colaboration's. It's hard to tell who made the music and who just sang (or rapped) a couple versus. Their has been a many song's I initialed liked only to get half way thru and it took a u turn somewhere else and I'm like "damn".
Old 09-16-2018, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Capital idea! In this era where it's harder to find new music that has what we seek, this could be really useful. 2000 people searching is surely better than 1 person searching.
That could work - for sure :)

Hint - when searching for new / obscure, & interesting material, recording studio websites are a great source. Most are keen to post stuff they're proud of. Ok, it means a bit of trawling, but it can turn up some absolute gems :)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Both of these are modern examples of things we used to actually be able to hear commercially. Gets me to thinking. We should make stickies for different music styles and add links to great music to explore. Granted, not all will think they are all great, but after a while, we'll learn each others style, so we would likely be into the music certain individuals would post.

Great idea... let's think about this a bit more. With just band name, song and link, I know myself, there's nothing there to motivate me to click through them to open up youtube and listen. I just don't have that kinda time. I think there needs to be a bit more with the listing to help me decide to actually give it a listen. Maybe describe why you think others should should give the song attention. I dunno, just think out loud.

I just know, in drummerworld, I definitely don't go into threads with woefully vague titles. Give me a hook to bite into.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbs View Post
Even Beiber, for all his many, MANY faults is widely regarded as being a good tune-smith and can right an excellent melody off the top of his head.
I was gonna bring that up too. I know John Mayer has mentioned how blown away he is by Bieber's skill at coming up with great melodies.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:26 PM
Gold Member

I would be very interested in this thread idea IF we dropped the 'pop' element and just had a thread about nice modern music. Pop is the fast food of music. Lets foodie out and enjoy well thought out full course meals! Just my lil take on it.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
Feel It Still starts with a rimshot. That song has a serious hook.
He does rim clicks at the beginning when they play it live (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_M4tvatdWg). Definitely an electronic clappy noisy thingy in the recording. At least the recording doesn't sound like any natural rim click or rim shot I've ever heard.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I would LOVE if you could share some of these! I'm always looking for good pop that I haven't heard 1,000,000 times.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarina View Post
Great idea... let's think about this a bit more. With just band name, song and link, I know myself, there's nothing there to motivate me to click through them to open up youtube and listen. I just don't have that kinda time. I think there needs to be a bit more with the listing to help me decide to actually give it a listen. Maybe describe why you think others should should give the song attention. I dunno, just think out loud.

I just know, in drummerworld, I definitely don't go into threads with woefully vague titles. Give me a hook to bite into.
Maybe a whole other section, with genre subsections? Thereís got to be a great way to reduce the noise, so youíre not off in the weeds. The sections will likely grow fast and will need some method to organize....
Old 09-17-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Maybe a whole other section, with genre subsections? Thereís got to be a great way to reduce the noise, so youíre not off in the weeds. The sections will likely grow fast and will need some method to organize....
I really like this idea.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:28 PM

This thread might be kinda dead now, but I just came across Rick Beato's "What Makes This Song Great?" series on YouTube. He picks apart a bunch of pop songs and enthusiastically talks about what he really likes about their production, performance, songwriting etc aspects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU--...w9B0aiM7ryfXV_

Really fun to watch
Old 09-17-2018, 05:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Maybe a whole other section, with genre subsections? There’s got to be a great way to reduce the noise, so you’re not off in the weeds. The sections will likely grow fast and will need some method to organize....
Not too many subsections though because then it risks labelling the different suggestions in a way that ultimately might discourage people from looking into them. The purpose has to be for each of us to gain a minimum of exposure to new music and break out of our comfort zones.

I honestly consult the music links posted by others as much as I can. Especially when it's something that seems to fall outside of my usual listening habits.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:03 AM
Administrator - Mayor

Since all of the new music would be basically music related, but not necessarily drumming, one thread, of New Music, could survive in the Off Topic Lounge. Just list the Band, album, song in the thread, and let it grow. Since new is a releative term, after maybe 90 days or 180 days, posts could be deleted. Just a thought.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks Grunt!
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...55#post1581355
Old 09-18-2018, 08:30 AM

...And just when you thought this discussion couldn't go any further, Adam Neely pops up with this...

https://youtu.be/FpPSF7-Ctlc
Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusWilliams View Post
I was gonna bring that up too. I know John Mayer has mentioned how blown away he is by Bieber's skill at coming up with great melodies.
Another Hot Ones fan :D
Old 09-18-2018, 12:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stand View Post
I like me a blunt comment.

What says you about gettin' a gang together, you and me, so we can go round the threads and totally, I mean totally boss it with blunt posts?

(just beware of "The Sherrif", we don't wanna get in GD's crosshairs until there's enough of us in the gang).

Back on topic, there's no need to buy new music in order to expose oneself to it, the internet provides ample access just as it is (for better or for worse, but that's another discussion).

Nonetheless, if you're questioning some people's engagement or, to be precise, their disengagement with contemporary music then you might have a point that those folks are not best placed to make judgements.
That might include myself in fact.

In the context of this discussion that could be a fair point.

In general however I'll just say that discovering new and exciting music does not automatically mean listening to something which is more recent than your previous favourite record.

Quite the contrary, in recent years I have expanded my music collection in both directions, towards the newer as well as towards the older recordings.

Even if somebody is extremely familiar with different genres from a particular period this does not mean that music from former periods can't completely surprise and impress them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarina View Post
This ^^^

I could not have said this idea any better.

and, the only thing I would add... for myself, I've expanded my listening pleasures to a wider world. France, Spain, South America, Japan, etc, etc. There is a lot of good stuff out there. Ya gotta seek it out.
Very fair, but I was talking about judging pop music itself. Reaching everywhere for new music or new-to-you music is definitely a good sign you want to expand your horizons. I’m not sure what it says about pop music itself though.

This is a few years old, but it’s pop in the purest form. Sky Ferreira https://youtu.be/pWo7SC-tG4U
Old 09-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

The thought comes to mind that if you have to search for it it isn't "POP " music..
Old 09-18-2018, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erberderber View Post
...And just when you thought this discussion couldn't go any further, Adam Neely pops up with this...

Lots of truth to that. Glad the Bieb wasnít The first thing I heard back then. LOL!
Old 09-18-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erberderber View Post

that was a fun watch!

I still remember the first time I heard Black Dog, I was 11 or 12 in the early 80's -- I felt like it changed my life. Before that, no other music struck a nerve like that song. It's not like I didn't like music before that, but I'd never heard anything so dark and dirty, it really moved me.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

Very fair, but I was talking about judging pop music itself. Reaching everywhere for new music or new-to-you music is definitely a good sign you want to expand your horizons. I’m not sure what it says about pop music itself though.
I think some folks have been trying to say, there is no rubber stamping a generalization here to any genre or anything for that matter. I'm not going to judge across the board 2018 Pop music is bad. It's just not that way. First, there is a huge a variety of 'Pop' music out there. Then there's subjectivity...for whatever reason some Pop songs will be very appealing to some folks. Horrible to others. That's true with all genre's music.

With that being said, we were just suggesting with the subjective 'good' pop out there, you have an idea of what kind of Pop music you personally like and it's gonna take some effort to seek it out. Or you can just sit back and whine about the delivered music the studio's want you to hear.

I prefer not to wait and hope something comes my way. Been there, done that... and I'm bored.

So I'm at the stage of seeking it out. As Mike has suggested, look deeper in different time periods. I suggested, look beyond the American or British product.

I'll take it a step further. I'm actually giving Country a chance now. Yep, I viewed Country as something that never flipped my switch. I could identify a country song in 5 notes. But apparently Country has evolved into so many directions, I'm thinking it's no longer a twangy thing, but may have some gems to seriously interest me.

Maybe one day Hip-hop will interest me.

Nahhhhh! Let's not get ridiculous.

But seriously... I have heard evolved music that has hip-hop in it and I kinda like it. (RedLight King)

Last edited by Macarina; 09-18-2018 at 09:35 PM.