My first text in Modern Drummer magazine.

DanBed27

Hey guys!

Check out your latest edition of Modern Drummer as I got my first text published for them. I wrote exercises based on the groove Steve Gadd played on the tune "Sicily" by Chick Corea. My text is even mentionned on the cover as "12 samba grooves". Needless to say, I'm quite proud of that as I've been reading the magazine since I was a kid, so to now be published in it feels quite good.

Go get a copy and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Modern Drummer! Thats pretty much the big leagues as far as drum publishing goes. Way to go, hopefully this leads to bigger and better things for you in the future.

Thank you very much! I'm very happy about it and hopefully yes, it will bring great things in the future.

I even have a second text coming up eventually, stay tuned. :)

Modern Drummer! Thats pretty much the big leagues as far as drum publishing goes. Way to go, hopefully this leads to bigger and better things for you in the future.

Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment many set out for and don't make.

Well done, that's a great achievement.

I've been following your stick control videos too. The polyrhythm one was especially interesting.

Hey thanks Souljacker! I'm glad you enjoyed those videos. Stick Control is a book that has endless possibilities.

Well done, that's a great achievement.

I've been following your stick control videos too. The polyrhythm one was especially interesting.

That is way cool. Congrats!

Very well done! It's nice to hear of people on here doing good and getting somewhere.

Thanks to all of you for reading the article. Hopefully, it'll inspire you to explore this area of your playing and to discover that very cool record of Chick Corea.

Back