Show off your TAMA !

I am also rocking a Starclassic with a Copeland snare ;) perfect combo!!

Isn't it? I ordered a matching black oyster snare for this kit that has been back ordered through June. I'm wondering if I actually need it.....

So I guess the dilemma is if I'm getting it to have a complete black oyster kit to be fashionable or if I really need it as a tool. It can't be that ;)

My Tama Rockstars.
10, 12, 14, 22 & 14x5.5
Paiste 802's in 14, 2x16, 18, 20 & Wuhan 18 china.
Enjoy.

P1020158.jpg

P1020163.jpg

P1020162.jpg

i really liked that reso on that finish.. or at least on the one in my local shop... they're all different, the one in my local shop has more white coming through than black. very nice on the chrome though :)

I walked into a Guitar Center looking for a smooth white 22 Remo Powerstroke 3 (that they actually had - it was to be my original front reso head for the bass drum), and they had the chrome head on the wall. It's a Remo Starfire head. Remo still makes them, but they're rare and not everybody has them. I told them I'll buy the one on the wall, but they didn't want to lose their display head so he went rummaging around in the warehouse and they had ONE left. $40 and I was out the door. I took the smooth white PS3 too. Got 'em home, and used Cutex nail polish remover (with acetone) to take off the Remo logo, and then applied my own Tama decals I bought off a seller on eBay (he sold me five a long time ago). And voila! Instant new front resos!

I'm itching to put a mic inside the drum, so I may cut a hole in the white PS3 and use that when I want to record. What I should've done was get TWO of the chrome heads and cut a hole in one of them.....

hmmm. did the Remo come off cleanly ? it looks great in the photo, i thought it was stock. is the Tama logo clear backed ?

i too dislike the yellow/brown look of Fiberskyns. i saw some grey/black on white (or light grey) that appear to be Fiberskyns, but i haven't been able to verify that they are. can't remember where i saw them now, either. i think they would look good on my Piano Black Imps.

i see that Vintage Logo http://www.vintagelogos.com/ can make up any head of choice. i think i'll get a Partridge Family made up. although that KC and the Sunshine Band is looking rather sweet.

thanks for the info, Bo.

No worries. I will post pics when I get mine in.

So how far out are you from getting your kit?

With the current bookings the band(s) have then by the end of the year. More realistically though I can get capital on the old kit spares and can expect cash around my birthday this September - so probably another 6 months... Unless my wife lets me pay it off if I buy it earlier!

Here some pictures of some of the Tama's kits I had over the years, there's a couple kits missing, but I don't have any pics of them :)

Tama Imperialstar circa 1980

Tama Artstar Cordia circa 1984 or 1985

and the current kit bought in 1989, an Artstar II

Attachments

• Titi's Old Drums 3.jpg
    Titi's Old Drums 3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,324
  • Titi Art. 01.JPG
    Titi Art. 01.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 3,315
  • Titi 2.jpg
    Titi 2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3,374
Those are some great looking kits there, Henri. I would buy some Artstars if I came across a good deal. I saw a set of Artstars a couple months ago with a cool Pink Panther theme. They were Pink, but I could get away with it because I look very intimidating. (ha! not really)

Drums
Tama Starclassic Performer B/B - LAVA GLASS GLITTER
18x22 bass, 8x10 and 9x12 rack toms, 12x14 and 14x16 floor toms, 6.5x14 Tama Metalworks Snare

Cymbals
All are Paiste 2002s
14" Sound Edge Hi-hats, 21" Power Ride
16" Thin Crash, 18" Crash, 18" Medium Crash, 19" Power Crash
6" Cup Chime, 8" Cup Chime, 10" Splash, 12" Splash, 18" Thin China, 18" Novo China

***First thing I'd like to do next is get a second bass drum; Then, either add a 16x18 Floor Tom to the right (and slide the 12x14 floor to the left), OR add a picolo to the left. Any suggestions?

YES.jpg

YES2.jpg

YES5.jpg

YES3.jpg

YES4.jpg

nice looking kit! i was wondering how much your rack cost? i recent bought a Tama Superstar Hyperdrive 6piece and im debating wheather to buy a rack or not

hmmm. did the Remo come off cleanly ? it looks great in the photo, i thought it was stock. is the Tama logo clear backed ?

i too dislike the yellow/brown look of Fiberskyns. i saw some grey/black on white (or light grey) that appear to be Fiberskyns, but i haven't been able to verify that they are. can't remember where i saw them now, either. i think they would look good on my Piano Black Imps.

i see that Vintage Logo http://www.vintagelogos.com/ can make up any head of choice. i think i'll get a Partridge Family made up. although that KC and the Sunshine Band is looking rather sweet.

thanks for the info, Bo.

Sorry - late on this reply. Yes, the Remo crown logo comes off cleanly on their non-coated heads (so don't try it on a coated head, it'll just smear). But, you have to use the Cutex nail polish remover that has acetone in it (or maybe pure acetone if you have that and don't want to fess up about owning nail polish remover). And the Tama logo stickers I got were from a seller who made very good ones. They go on backwards, and when you take off the backing, it just leaves the black part. Very nice job on the logos.

here my Tama Superstar Hyperdrive 6piece i bought recently :) i just love this kit!

Attachments

• layla complete.jpg
    layla complete.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 3,494
Okay, here are some older pictures.
I have not added any new or used gear in awhile because
either it`s LONG DISCONTINUED, OR it does NOT exist!

Here`s some pictures of my kit, and again I haven`t added onto it in a long time,
because, what I want either does NOT exist anymore, was a 1 of item, or
is NOW selling for 5 times the original retail price online.
Okay, here`s some pictures.
IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

GregsTamadrumpictures2004.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

GregsTamadrumpictures2003.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

And here is the E kit I want to have in the back like Neil Peart
0e10_1.jpg

And here is the CYMBAL set-up that I want
HPRO20ZIGA202K7.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to show the Percussion stuff.
Alessandros-NP-78-81-Replica-Supe-Kit2.jpg

I NEED those 2 Percussion racks, and
THE SUPER LONG WINDCHIMES above the concert toms.
THEN, my kit WOULD be COOL!
Although, it`s half way there, those super long windchimes and 2 percussion
racks do NOT exist! I WISH a Drum maker or Company would get smart
and make them! And the Electronic drums are just WAY TOO expensive
to play 2-3 songs on them. and with the NEW Roland TD-30 module, and the
Hart drums and cymbals, $7,000+ I just can`t justify it.

Hi everyone,

Wow, lots of nice kits already posted. I didn't see any examples of the older Tama super sunburst finish, 2 nice kits were newer sunbursts. So I thought I would share mine. Here is my full Tama kit, super sunburst finish. Drum finishes are all original. I don't have the snare that came with the kit, I switched to a Ludwig snare. A fun, great sounding kit to play. I use the same Tama hardware & stuff with my Ludwig kit.

14 x 6.5 Ludwig Supraphonic 402 snare
(2) 22 x 14 Bass drums
12 x 8 tom
13 x 9 tom
14 x 10tom
15 x 12 tom
16 x 16 fl tom
18 x 16 fl tom
6", 8", 10", 12" concert toms
26" Ludwig fiberglass tympani
29" Ludwig fiberglass tympani
26" Paiste gong
Tama hardware
bunch of cymbals
2 King Beat Tama pedals

1979 Tama Superstar Super Sunburst kit with some additions

Attachments

• 1979 TAMA Superstar kit (800x594).jpg
    1979 TAMA Superstar kit (800x594).jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 3,007

Both my Fiberskyn (FA) are light grey...

Hi All,

My beauty. Superstar Custom HD, finish is MNS.
I just received an additional 14×8" Tom-tom from Thomann.

205339_3547274239673_633195875_n.jpg

599297_3547273519655_2074575720_n.jpg

Last edited:
I got another Tama kit and forgot to post it here. Here it is a bit more condensed. When I got it it was 11x12, 12x13, 16x16 toms and a 16x22 bass drum. I just added a new 6.5x13 Tama Artwood maple snare (love it), and sold off the 12x13 tom. I removed the tom mount off the 12" and plugged with holes with through bolts, and put it in a snare stand. Now that I gig with just one cymbal (my 20" K Custom Dark Ride), I mount it on the bass drum tom mount to eliminate a cymbal stand.

New heads round out the kit - coated Evans G2's on top, and clear G1's on bottom, the bass drum gets a clear EQ4, and these thick birch shells absolutely sing. If you look closely, the white marks you see on the bass drum are where the finished was nicked hard enough to go down to the bare wood. I had to re-glue one of the bass drum hoops where a ply split and cracked, but it's holding pretty good now. I also eliminated the original T-rods for drum key-operated rods on the bass drum. The finish looks better in person, it is very 80s, it's called Lipstick Red. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Granstars.jpg
    Granstars.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,442
Back