Kick tower, hit hat, compatible with octapad?

412drummer

I have only thought about using my octapad as a full kit have never done it. Well a venue wants to book my band but its really small and they recently decided no drum kits because of another band. We are discussing me using this because I can control the volume but I have no kick tower or anything yet. I was wondering if just about any of them are compatable with it or if I have to buy a certain one. I was gonna get something like a used kd8 or kd9 or similar Yamaha models etc.. cause I don't want to spend a lot of money on the newest Roland one. With the hi hat I also wanted to buy a used one but have no idea if it will be compatible and or how it works. Can I just put it on a regular hi hat stand or do I need more?

I first got into Electronic Drums 3 years ago with the SPD 30. It didn't take long before I built a mini kit with a KD9 kick, PD85 snare, CY8 ride/crash and CY5 hh(eventuallyVH11). I love that kit and played it out at a few very small venue gigs(Im an acoustic drummer). The gigs went great. Be prepared to explain over and over again just what the hell you're playing on. But the reviews were great.

the kd9 is the best cheap kick pad out there IMO. you can get it off ebay for like $100 or so.
the cy5/fd8 combo is way cheaper than the vh11 but I really like the vh 11.
you can get anything for a snare. even a PD8 would work fine.
you can probably get a better ride cymbal than the cy8. I don't care for that but it does do the trick.

I now have a TD15 but the octapad is part of that kit.

Almost anything will work for a kick it's only a single zone. I made a homemade one for my SPD-30 before getting the Yamaha kick I'm currently using with it.

Hi-hats are trickier. I just have pedals - Roland and Yamaha, but neither one works with the other module.

Alright there Schwilla. You have posted three times, and all three have been the same picture of this e-kit. In the case of this thread, you have not even offered any information that would be relevant to the thread, or of any use to the OP. Might want to settle down with this pic a bit.

Just saying.

Personally, I like the KD-7.​

Attachments

• kd-7.jpg
    kd-7.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2,101
Back