Pearl Session Studio kit

Now then Sarge that's a really nice kit, very interesting cymbals, some are absolutely great, others are slightly "budget" but they'll still do right? Haha don't be too angry with me but my mates have started calling me "the sarge" not that i'm worthy of such a title or anything!
Thanks for what you've done. Especially on this weekend i shall remember you and all your buddies as well as our lot in iraq and Afghanistan just like i remember "them" (i shouldn't even have to remind anybody who "they" are, should i?)

Thank you, as always I appreciate the support. The "Budget" cymbals are basically to fill a very broad range of sounds. I have a plan for this kit, and it involves more people playing than just me. I'm not stopping with what i have either, next cymbal add ons will be the K and K Custom series.

Thats a really nice Kit, I think u need a bigger rack though!!

haha, yeah i've been looking at the other pearl racks as well as the gibralter racks, i just can't decide on what i want.

and i forgot to point out that the reason the 14" tom has a Remo pinstripe head and they others are all Evans is because i'm an idiot and accidentally picked up a clear 14" evans head instead of a coated one like the others lol.

now that i've had time to soak it all in and let the newness wear off figured i'd make sort of an update post. ok first off, i'm back in iraq now with only 4 months to go, yay! secondly, if you look at the pictures you'll notice that all of the toms have Evans G2 coated heads on them...expect the 14 inch one. thats because i was stupid and picked up a G2 clear at the store. Doh! but i did get it fixed before i left lol.

looking at the kit now, i finally realize there's a giant price tag on my left china. Doh! i'll have to get that off when i get home again. the popcorn snare is also in a really bad position and i'll have to move it around.

so now here's my questions for all of you:

1. thoughts on the Pearl 503 rack? would you recommend switching to say, a Gibralter rack?
2. anyone else with gagillions of cymbals have advice or tips on organizing them? not entirely pleased with them set up the way they are.
3. i bought a bunch of 'big' cymbals, so i'm going to need a few smaller ones to fill some musical gaps as well as effects, thoughts?
4. next series to invest in: Zildjian K's, K Customs, Paiste Rudes, Signatures, or Sabian's HHX Evolution series? looking for some to fill slots of sounds i don't currently have. got to play the K Customs and HHX Evolutions at the music store and loved them both.
5. what's a better way to mount the Splashes? i'm using Latin Percussion Splash claws, but they are kinda limited and i can't put them where i actually want them.

I'm only posting a reply here to myself to ask people to look at my previous post from back in march. never got any suggestions from anyone and i'm still curious lol.

Look below!!! lol, thanks.

I just picked up a used 6 piece pearl Studio Session(minus the rack), but it did come with all +1 extra uni lock/gyro lock pro mounting hardware,,including a pearl pro suspended floor tom stand,, it also came with a pearl pro hi hat stand/snare stand and 2 pearl pro boom arms) also came with a brand new can of hardware cleaner
sizes : 8,10,12" toms, 16 " suspended f-tom, 16x22 bass
14x5 Chad Smith snare

hardware is in perfect condition and drums are an 8 out of 10

out the door price $746.33

Back