Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hello all drummers

Thanks for reply Homeularis.
I found a mapex voyager kit for 500. is this kit any good? it comes complete with cymbals and hardware as well as remo heads.

I want to know if there is much of a difference between a dw 2000 and dw 3000? I want to make it my main pedal and stick without it for a few years and use money on sticks, cymbalS and stands.

The 2000 is a lower-cost, single-chain, lower-performance pedal. The 3000 is what used to be called the 7000, a good, solid, well-reviewed intermediate/jobber pedal with a double chain and more adjustment points than any pedal at its price point. It's essentially where pro quality was about 5-10 years ago. I own one, and I played on a 7000 for years prior to it. If you can scratch up the few extra bucks but can't quite afford a 5000, the 3000 should be a good pedal.

Thanks for reply Homeularis.
I found a mapex voyager kit for 500. is this kit any good? it comes complete with cymbals and hardware as well as remo heads.

The Mapex Voyager looks OK.
Its a beginner kit but it looks pretty stout for a beginner.
I think it has basswood shells which is the standard beginner material.

If its new, the cymbals suck but Its still worth $500.

At the very least, you will have to eventually replace the cymbals.

I'm sure there are some better deals for a complete used kit.

Keep looking and see what you find.

The 2000 is a lower-cost, single-chain, lower-performance pedal. The 3000 is what used to be called the 7000, a good, solid, well-reviewed intermediate/jobber pedal with a double chain and more adjustment points than any pedal at its price point. It's essentially where pro quality was about 5-10 years ago. I own one, and I played on a 7000 for years prior to it. If you can scratch up the few extra bucks but can't quite afford a 5000, the 3000 should be a good pedal.

THANK YOU! for days i been trying to figure out keywords on google and looking at forums. I am gonna go for the 3000 now. really appreciate man.

The Mapex Voyager looks OK.
Its a beginner kit but it looks pretty stout for a beginner.
I think it has basswood shells which is the standard beginner material.

If its new, the cymbals suck but Its still worth $500.

At the very least, you will have to eventually replace the cymbals.

I'm sure there are some better deals for a complete used kit.

Keep looking and see what you find.

Thanks against homeularis. I do like the mapex but they will be out of my budget. hopefully something turns up..

Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

real name? Arvin Velasco JR
age? 14
how long been playing? Almost a Year
origin of user name? My name and my Area code
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Cobus, The Rev, Myron Carlos, and Tommy Lee
make of drumkit? PDP Z5
make of cymbal? Meinl
where do you practice? My house
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? Metal, Rock, Hip-Hip, Pop, Mostly every type.
favourite take out food? McDonalds
country? Maybe
one really odd fact about yourself? I drum everywhere I walk
how did you start drumming?
I joined concert Band, then went to Marching band in HS, then into Jazz Band, and now i make covers. http://www.youtube.com/user/ArvinV808?feature=mhum

* Name: Charlie Korch
* how long been playing: Since September 1984
* origin of user name: It is my last name.
* top 5 drummers (applied to my personal tastes): Dave Weckl, Vinnie C, Steve Smith, Dennis Chambers, Chad Wackerman
* make of drumkit: I have a Mapex Saturn, Mapex, M Birch, Gretsch Renown Maple (x2), and a Yamaha Electronic Kit (with a Roland SPD-S)
* make of cymbal: Sabian
* where do you practice: In my home studio.
* are you in a band/s: Back N Black (AC/DC Tribute), Midlife Crisis, The Mark Cook Project, & The Rhythm Raiders
* covers or originals: Both
* what style of music: Rock, Metal, Fusion, Blues, etc.
* favourite take out food: Chinese (Beef with Oyster Sauce)
* one really odd fact about yourself: Even though I've been a musician since 1984, I have never taken drugs. I only mention this because everyone assumes I have.
* how did you start drumming? As far back as I can remember I always wanted to play drums. After seeing John Bonham in the Song Remains the Same, I knew I had to get a drum set.

Name: Matt Walls
* how long been playing: 17 years
* origin of user name: It's what I am. lol.
* top 5 drummers (applied to my personal tastes):Tommy Lee, Adrian Young, David Silvera, John Otto, Dennis Chambers
* make of drumkit: Mapex Meridian Birch
* make of cymbal: Zildjian, Sabian, Paiste
* where do you practice: Clubhouse studio or the living room. depends on where I am lol
* are you in a band/s: DNA
* covers or originals: Both
* what style of music: Southern Rock, Country, Blues, Rock
* favourite take out food: Italian
* one really odd fact about yourself: Like the previous poster, Been playing all my life and haven't ever indulged in the drug culture associated with being a musician
* how did you start drumming? Picked up the sticks and started playing.....

i decided to stick with my kit. My friend sold me his dw 9000 single pedal for $100 and my old pair of pearl double pedals. I bought an evans emad bass head and sound percussions double boom to add and decided to save the other 275 and put it towards a future kit.

real name? Michael Berryman
age? 17
how long been playing? On and off for 3 years
origin of user name? Heritage
top 5 drummers? Jake Green, Gool ol' Joey, Kevin Lane, Lee Stanton, and Pete Sandoval
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? I only have 2 cymbals and they suck :(
where do you practice? My room
are you in a band/s? Not as a drummer
covers or originals? Original 100%
what style of music? Death Metal / Metal
country? US / Australia
one really odd fact about yourself? I love trance more than any other type of music
why did you start drumming? To defeat Mediocrity

Re: So nice to be here

Hi JR, a big welcome to the best drummer forum on the planet. Looked over your site. Incredible prices that our American continent members will be very interested in. Get involved!

Hello all

Just a quick hello really as i am new on here! ive bin drumming for about two years and although my playing is ok i dont know anyone else who plays so would like to get involved and learn as much as i can, and speak to you guys!

Re: Hello all

Hi, welcome to the forum! :) I started on here a short while ago, its a great community! On a side note, I'm not sure if mods will mind, but this should be in the introduce yourself section of the forum. Besides that, see you around, and hope to see some pics of your kit soon!! :D

done - Bernhard

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hello all

Welcome to Drummerworld. Speak drums .... yep .... that's what we do here. Ask questions ... share info .... don't bash Ringo.

real name? Julio Cesar Torrico
age? 37
how long been playing? I started at 14 years old playing at the school, I have had a very irregular life playing lately, 10 years ago it was very intense.
origin of user name? jrtorrico is my nickname+last name.
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Gool ol' Joey, Kevin Lane, Lee Stanton, and Pete Sandoval
make of drumkit? Transparent Matte,the perfect varnish to see the veins of wood.
make of cymbal? Sabian HHX craches, Zildjian K/Z hi hats & K’s or A’s custom Rides.
where do you practice? I have a soundproof room at my house
are you in a band/s? At this moment I am just playing with friends at small places, SARAI Custom Drums keeps me very busy lately.
covers or originals? Original 90% 10%covers
what style of music? Blues, Rock&Roll, Latin music.
country? Bolivia, City: Santa Cruz de la Sierra
one really odd fact about yourself: I really love being with my family.
why did you start drumming? Just curious at the beginning, then I realized the power the drums have.

Re: Hi to everyone !

And a big welcome to you......................

Re: So nice to be here

Thanks so much for the comments about my drum shells, Every time that borns a shell makes me feel incredible, I am really enjoying it..keep in touch my friend ! Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back