Drum Tattoos?

undeadfred1

im thinking of getting a tattoo to represent my love for drumming, post your pictures of yours or just any cool drum tattoo pictures! thanks!

I dare you to get RLRR and LRLL right under your knuckles on your Right and Left hands respectively....

Actually, I triple-dog-dare you!!

I doubt anyone will beat that. Thats an amazing idea. I double dare, triple dare, padlock, stampy dare you to do that.

LOL... hell yeah. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a regular, square, office job, I would do it myself.

...a paradiddle is a great idea but given the chances the artist will screw up the sequence of rights and lefts on the first try... i'd say ahhhhhh... maybe go for something else!

It's best to go by your personality. If you love a song you can get the title and the tab under or over it or ad a picture you feel describes you.
I have a feminine thumper rabbit on my arm playing a snare drum with my nick name under it.
From your name you could get a decomposing dude, skin peeling off bones showing but totally alive playing drums on you.
Pinner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This tattoo has been a vision of mine for the past 11 years. I have always wanted to capture my love for drumming and music in the form of a tattoo. For years I went back and forth with the idea of using my own hands and or drums in the portrait. Then after reading Neil Pearts wife Carrie Nuttall's portrait book that captures Neil in many beautiful photographs I found the perfect picture. I have a quote that I created and have used on the name of one of my personal drumming albums: "Rhythm In The Hands Of Few". I thought that it would also be a perfect description for this portrait tattoo which includes Neil Pearts hands. I would like to thank Neil Peart for all the years of inspiration he has given to me. Someday, Neil, if you are ever near my Howland, Ohio home, we will have to take a motorcycle ride together! I would also like to thank Carrie Nuttall for the great portrait art she has created. Thanks for looking.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=16890&T=6686

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85KRC0wSDU

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 82,216
  • attachment 2.jpg
    attachment 2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 28,668
Well if your a chrisitan get two drum sticks in the shape of a cross. If you don't want that, or the parradiddle on the knuckles (Bad Ass idea), get some drum sticks and right below it put the letters W.M.D.s (Weapons of Mass Destruction)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This tattoo has been a vision of mine for the past 11 years. I have always wanted to capture my love for drumming and music in the form of a tattoo. For years I went back and forth with the idea of using my own hands and or drums in the portrait. Then after reading Neil Pearts wife Carrie Nuttall's portrait book that captures Neil in many beautiful photographs I found the perfect picture. I have a quote that I created and have used on the name of one of my personal drumming albums: "Rhythm In The Hands Of Few". I thought that it would also be a perfect description for this portrait tattoo which includes Neil Pearts hands. I would like to thank Neil Peart for all the years of inspiration he has given to me. Someday, Neil, if you are ever near my Howland, Ohio home, we will have to take a motorcycle ride together! I would also like to thank Carrie Nuttall for the great portrait art she has created. Thanks for looking.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=16890&T=6686

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85KRC0wSDU

Where are all the Tattoos? I thought there would be some post of music inspired Tattoos like the one I posted here!

to this day ive never seen a tattoo of drum sticks that doesnt look like penises. make sure you get a good artist if you get sticks.

to this day ive never seen a tattoo of drum sticks that doesnt look like penises. make sure you get a good artist if you get sticks.

I think that's a very accurate statement. A bad tattooist can ruin a very good design/idea, check this out.

Attachments

• 2205609040_fe9271b88d.jpg
    2205609040_fe9271b88d.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 32,512
I would rather shell out the cash for some drum gear. You can always sell off the gear you regret buying later on for something else.

I am next to the tattoo idea. Now that I am 48 and apparently some sort of damn authority figure, it seems more reasonable everyday. I have seen lots of bumper stickers that say if you don't like tattoos don't get one. I really enjoy Tattoos on people who you would not consider candidates. There is a nurse who works for me over here in Iraq who is inked up 6 ways from Sunday. Usually in uniform, you can't see them but she had on a scrub top and they looked awesome. I pulled her aside and told her I wanted to talk to her about her appearance. Privately, I told her I thought they were awesome, make sure you show them off when you can. I mean the art work is beautiful. It made her day.

These were not the average tramp stamp but really nice arm work. Big Afro's and Pony Tails too are cool too, we need more of them. Probably just another chapter in my mid life crisis but people with that stuff are usually more interesting to talk to than Joe Square. Which is me of course. I can't figure out a tattoo that would work for me either. Please submit the music pics. I did see one soldier with musical notes on a staff on his forearm. It was the opening notes to Danny Boy.

but people with that stuff are usually more interesting to talk to than Joe Square.

Having a tattoo doesn't make you any more or less interesting. It just means you have a tattoo, that is all.

Also, to people who say, "If you don't like tattoos, don't get one," I say, "If you don't want people to comment on your tattoo, don't display one." People wear get them for the look-at-me factor but not all attention is positive.

Back