Drum Tattoos?

I have one hidden on my back. I got it many years ago... Still love it today!!!

Attachments

• Resize 80 then 60 per.jpg
    Resize 80 then 60 per.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 27,478
I want to get a tattoo on my arm that would react and look cool while I am drumming. I've been looking through optical illusions and patterns but would love it if anyone here had some ideas. I skinny and kind of cut so I want something across my triceps/biceps on my right arm so it moves while I'm playing time. We use our bodies to make our art, so why not dress em up in some art that adds to our show.

On my man parts, I have a tattoo of a 4 piece bop kit.

When I see a pic of Monique, it morphs into Sticks' White Arctic Monster kit lol.

I can't put up a pic here, the file size is too big :)

I have 2 drum-related tattoos, both on my left arm sleeve tattoo.

They are both tributes to my two biggest influences in music and percussion. I prefer subtlety over obvious. If you're in the know, you know ;)

332bjhz.jpg

2620bit.jpg

I have 2 drum-related tattoos, both on my left arm sleeve tattoo.

They are both tributes to my two biggest influences in music and percussion. I prefer subtlety over obvious. If you're in the know, you know ;)

332bjhz.jpg

2620bit.jpg

Great minds think alike

Just wondering...does anyone think it's the Olympic Rings or the Audi symbol? Only 1 person has known that it's John Bonham. *sigh* I don't want to live on this planet anymore!!! Haha!

Just wondering...does anyone think it's the Olympic Rings or the Audi symbol? Only 1 person has known that it's John Bonham. *sigh* I don't want to live on this planet anymore!!! Haha!

Nope, never. I guess those people can't count (Olympic logo = 5 rings, Audi = 4 rings).

A few people asked me if it symbolized the Trinity, but I tell them I'm atheist.

Nope, never. I guess those people can't count (Olympic logo = 5 rings, Audi = 4 rings).

A few people asked me if it symbolized the Trinity, but I tell them I'm atheist.

I'm thinking no one has asked if it's the Trinity because they know I'm atheist :-D

I'm almost tempted to have "JOHN BONHAM" written underneath....but I was going for subtle!

I'm thinking no one has asked if it's the Trinity because they know I'm atheist :-D

I'm almost tempted to have "JOHN BONHAM" written underneath....but I was going for subtle!

Wow, great minds really do think alike :)

Personally, the tattoo is for me, and I know what it is. I wouldn't get his name on there (for me, anyway). I kind of like the symbolism without a blatant explanation!

Like I said, if you're in the know.... :)

My other drummer tattoo is a little more difficult to figure out, and gets a lot of questions. When I tell people that the two tattoos are "symbols of my favorite drummers", I get a lot of weird looks.

I shortly entertained the idea of getting something like those silly barbed-wire around your arm deals... Only I was going to have them draw some snare wires around my arm.

Yes, I was drunk. It would have to be a very good tattoo in order to even tell what it is.

Want a tattoo you'll remember?

Get the three permanent "targets" you get after radiation treatment for prostate cancer.

Sorry, I can't show 'em...

Back