Simon Phillips

Re: Rare footage of Simon Phillips' instructional video!

That is awesome. The hair is not so much. Great find.

Any idea what hats he's using there?

I really love that fill around 1:11. Typical Simon Phillips!

That was really cool! Very intensive playing by Simon! Love it!

Re: A very intense drumsolo by Simon Phillips ( Video inside )

Ohhh come on..........LOL

Simon has way more caliber than what he demonstrated on that cool clip............

He's one of the greatest Drummers alive today, I don't understand why any of his clips from his 2 instructional vidoe's (made around 11 years ago) are not on here at drummerworld. If you think that solo above is something (and its cool) get both of his instructional videos, and behold man! Purely Awesome.

Simons Instructional Video packs

The second video is "Simon Returns" we're talkin some seriously sick talent, man!

Dap.

Nice find,

And its about time Simon gets some real play here, but may I suggest watching the entire video because this cat is world class. But wait until you watch his second video DVD called "Simon Returns" in this set this cat delivers true talent and really takes the chain off and lets go. I see why he's wanted by every musician on the planet.

Dap.

Yo Dap! Thanks for posting! I have both his videos ( though only the first one on DVD and the second on VHS ) and his playing is sooo freakin good! His playing on the Simon Phillips Returns video is without any doubt, the best playing I EVER heard from him!

Damon Dapper said:
I don't understand why any of his clips from his 2 instructional vidoe's (made around 11 years ago) are not on here at drummerworld.
yeah, I mailed Bernhard about it, I asked if he wanted some clips so he could put them out but he never answered.

Drummer Karl said:
and it was far the best tom sound I`ve ever heard from Simon`s Maples!!!! nice, warm, clean...
just love it!

Karl
Yes it was, I wonder if he is using different heads and tuning or if it was the way they were miced?

WOW!!!!(I say this with my jaw sitting on the floor and drool dripping down)
That great man never disapoints does he.

Impressive Hi-hat work amongst other things.

But there was no rhythm or melody motif running through the solo. I imagine a lot of non-drummers would have found this a turn-off.

Davo

Davo-London said:
But there was no rhythm or melody motif running through the solo. I imagine a lot of non-drummers would have found this a turn-off.
Well, you're right about that but in the end, there are tons of rhytms with all the things that's going on ;) ( kickdrums, snaredrum & gongdrum )

Back