What are you doing for Valentine's Day?

anjellara

Valentine's Day is Feb. 14, just a week away. Almost everyone has a great Valentine's Day story or two (be it a "best ever" or a "worst ever" - feel free to share either way), and some people start planning for it months in advance. And then of course, there are those who think of Valentine's as just another Hallmark Holiday, used to separate their money from their wallets... Question: What are your plans for Valentine's Day this year?

After work I'll probably just be making flip comments on DW, doing a bit of surfing, hitting the pads and general home things.

The band normally practices on Thursdays but I suspect my lot will be piking out. Must remember to check and see whether they want to move the practice to another night. Thanks for reminding me, anjellara.

Supper and with some nice wine. If I was a bit devious, that could be step one in the long road to the purchase of some Gretsch USA Customs!

But that's not me; no Gretsch USA Customs for at least a year or two.

GJS

Supper and with some nice wine. If I was a bit devious, that could be step one in the long road to the purchase of some Gretsch USA Customs!

But that's not me; no Gretsch USA Customs for at least a year or two.

GJS

However, if dinner and wine was not enough, and a "chick flick" was also on the agenda for Valentines Day (i.e. Australia), then a discussion of Gretsch USA Customs the next day might be in order!

GJS

Valentine's Day is a conspiracy by the florists and chocolatiers to serparate us from our hard-earned money! I've always thought that it was a gaudy holiday that cheapens the essence of romance; society sends the message that unless you buy your significant other a bouquet of flowers and a pink-and-red teddy bear (which has been made in China with slave labor, by the way), you don't truly "love" that person. If you have a love that is real, you should be grateful for what you have and celebrate it every day!

My gf lives on the other side of the country, so I only see her in weekends (small country). So on valentines day I might text her wishing her a happy valentine's day.
The weekend following V-day we might go out, see a movie or something. We'll see. Like frank0072, I tell my girlfriend I love her all the time. Neither of us (me & my gf) really care for spending money on valentine's day.

My G/F lives on the other side of the world!!
So i'll be sending greetings & flowers probably... just dont tell the Wife!!!

Back