Right hand grip trouble

drum.lad

Hey guys lately i have been having trouble with my right arm but mostly my grip.When i play the only fingers on my right hand gripping are thumb and pointer. The others fingers just seem to let go whenever i hit anything. Im a right hander incase thats important.Thanks for any help guys

Hey guys lately i have been having trouble with my right arm but mostly my grip.When i play the only fingers on my right hand gripping are thumb and pointer. The others fingers just seem to let go whenever i hit anything. Im a right hander incase thats important.Thanks for any help guys

It sounds like you just need to slow down and work on your hand technique a little bit. Your fulcrum and the rest of your fingers work together to control the sticks. If you're not in control of all of them, it's just a matter of hitting the practice pad for a while and working on those fingers. ;)

Believe me i have worked on control for the last five years and i have never had this problem before just my arm gets tired incredibly quickly and my grip suffers, But thank you i have been playing on my pad alot this week taking a week off even got a friend to sit in on a gig i had last night.

Believe me i have worked on control for the last five years and i have never had this problem before just my arm gets tired incredibly quickly and my grip suffers, But thank you i have been playing on my pad alot this week taking a week off even got a friend to sit in on a gig i had last night.

Well, what else do you think it could be then? Aside from a medical condition, unrelated to drumming (unlikely), I couldn't imagine what else it might be?

I've only been playing for about 3 yrs. but I do know that grip, posture, relaxation, and overall technique tend to slide if you don't give them regular maintenance. It seems the most likely explanation for you.

If not, best of luck anyhow. :)

Ya i know man my teacher beat thosse things in to me when i started.I dont know maybe i pinched a nerve or something im just concerned because it is really hard to play as of now

Back