Acoustic to Electric conversion

sXeDanimalsXe

Hello all. I am sure this has been talked about but I couldn't find anything and there are some new items on the market lately.
I have a acoustic kit. I would like to make it an electric kit. I have the roland RT triggers on the kit now with mesh heads. There is low to no sensitivity and a fair amount of cross talk. I saw the new Aquarian ON-Head set up. Looks bad ass. Any have any hands on yet? Also interested in the pearl E-Head system. I know one guy here has the quartz harness system. Looking for input from people who have successfully converted a acoustic kit to an electric kit. I already have a TD12 for a brain.
Thanks all.

The Aquarian ON Head system has got to be THE longest R&D period in history.
Apart from reading a few short reviews on the vdrums website (from people who had a quick go on them at NAAM shows) have not heard a comprehensive user report on them as yet.
From what I've heard they only come in the form of Mylar heads (thus making the quietness factor invalid) which has most e-drummers asking-"will this come out as a mesh head"? : )
All that being said, the FSR system sure does sound awesome if it can deliver what it does on the videos!

I don't know if you bought yet, if not, look at ddt crossbar triggers,very expensive, maybe just for the snare, quartz percussion triggers, 682 Drums criss cross harness center cone triggers, get the dual zones, they sell the rubber rim protectors and their mesh heads are great. That roland td 12 is a great little module. I just sold my Roland td 20 kit with a td 30 module to free up some money and I had the 682 drum black heads , nice and quiet. They make mesh heads in white, a little louder. I am not a big fan of the roland triggers ot the d drum red triggers either, maybe you guys have had better experience, and I think, but could be wrong, the best triggers go in the drum and you put the cable thru the air hole if you are using mesh heads. There is another forum that can give you a lot of info on triggers and (V DRUM) stuff. Guess what its called

I don't know if you bought yet, if not, look at ddt crossbar triggers,very expensive, maybe just for the snare, quartz percussion triggers, 682 Drums criss cross harness center cone triggers, get the dual zones, they sell the rubber rim protectors and their mesh heads are great. That roland td 12 is a great little module. I just sold my Roland td 20 kit with a td 30 module to free up some money and I had the 682 drum black heads , nice and quiet. They make mesh heads in white, a little louder. I am not a big fan of the roland triggers ot the d drum red triggers either, maybe you guys have had better experience, and I think, but could be wrong, the best triggers go in the drum and you put the cable thru the air hole if you are using mesh heads. There is another forum that can give you a lot of info on triggers and (V DRUM) stuff. Guess what its called
Sounds like you and I use the same gear. Anyone over on V-drums heard any news about the Aquarian heads?

Pretty sure that external triggers like the RT's, work best with standard heads on acoustic drums.
If you want to use mesh heads, you probably should be looking at an internal trigger system.

Back