HELLPPP

pie

so ive been in the market for a new kit and i was searhing kijiji and ebay and such, and i found a great taye tourpro set. i love taye kits, but i need my old drum set to sell on kijiji first. and im afraid that if it doesnt sell fast enough, the taye kit will be gone.

so im bracing myself for this to happen. and im looking for new kits as a bak up plan. im also looking used for a backup too..

whats the best kit for the money under 1500. i will never buy a pearl soo none of that please.

i need ideas. i was looking at the ludwig centennials in either the natural of green sparkle finish.

:) help me outt.

check out rmv drums , they are made of bapeva (it's brazilian maple , 20%harder than american maple) and sound like a cross between maple , birch and bubinga .
and all the hardwere including stand is black , so they look like a custom drum set .

I really like the tone of the concept 7 , the shells are 4ply with reinforcemnet rings , they really sing!!!

Go on eBay and look for some Gretsch Renowns. They are a step up from the Tour Pro. Musicians Friend also has some Renowns on sale at the moment.

im not interested in the rmv drums, as ive never heard of them, and there from brazil, so shipping will be very expensive.

i guess i should have been more clearer..

im looking for either a 4 or 5 peice set. either 1 up 1 down, or 1 up 2 down.

i play rock, fusion, a bit of heavier jazzy stuff, and a bit of hardcore, yes a lot of different genres.

so that in mind, any other suggestions?

kijiji isn't nearly as popular as ebay or even craigslist, so unless it's also listed on those, i'd say you probably have some time. What's wrong with Pearl? I don't endorse Pearl, I usually endorse the brand I play, Ddrum but for less than $1500, you can get a great Pearl Vision vmx 7 pc with the same shells as a masters premium and now they come with a limited lifetime warranty. Are you kidding me???

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfr...on-VMX926-6pc-Rock-Drum-Shell-Pack?sku=483383

Last edited:
kijiji isn't nearly as popular as ebay or even craigslist, so unless it's also listed on those, i'd say you probably have some time. What's wrong with Pearl? I don't endorse Pearl, I usually endorse the brand I play, Ddrum but for less than $1500, you can get a great Pearl Vision vmx 7 pc with the same shells as a masters custom and now they come with a limited lifetime warranty. Are you kidding me???

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfr...on-VMX926-6pc-Rock-Drum-Shell-Pack?sku=483383

Actually, they aren't quite up to Masters specifications, at least according to Pearl. Not dissing them, still lovely drums, especially for the asking price.
I don't understand why Pearl is absolutely out of question for you, they've proved themselves to be one of the leaders of the industry for some time now.

Actually, they aren't quite up to Masters specifications, at least according to Pearl. Not dissing them, still lovely drums, especially for the asking price.
I don't understand why Pearl is absolutely out of question for you, they've proved themselves to be one of the leaders of the industry for some time now.

The main difference between the vision, Masters and Masters premium is the trim level, not the shells. Vision vmx drums feature 6 ply, SST formed 100% maple shells. same as Masters and Masters premium maple. Just like a Cadillac Escalade is the same car as a GMC Yukon. Look under the hardware and finish and you will find the same shell.

The main difference between the vision, Masters and Masters premium is the trim level, not the shells. Vision vmx drums feature 6 ply, SST formed 100% maple shells. same as Masters and Masters premium maple. Just like a Cadillac Escalade is the same car as a GMC Yukon. Look under the hardware and finish and you will find the same shell.

I heard Pearl say at some point in time that the wood isn't quite the same. It's either from a different source and/or location, or from left over plies that didn't make the cut for Masters, similar to the old Sessions line. So yes, there is no doubt it is 6 ply, SST maple, but it is not, as I said earlier, of quite as good quality. At the end of the day though, the difference is most likely negligible at worst.

Go on eBay and look for some Gretsch Renowns. They are a step up from the Tour Pro. Musicians Friend also has some Renowns on sale at the moment.

I got a 4 Pc (Bass, Snare, Rack Tom, and Floor Tom) Renown for $750, i think, and i love it. I would recommend it

I heard Pearl say at some point in time that the wood isn't quite the same. It's either from a different source and/or location, or from left over plies that didn't make the cut for Masters, similar to the old Sessions line. So yes, there is no doubt it is 6 ply, SST maple, but it is not, as I said earlier, of quite as good quality. At the end of the day though, the difference is most likely negligible at worst.

Makes sense, it's probably not aesthetically equal or has blems in it before they form the shells.

Funny enough, I hear that Taye makes the Gretsch Renown kits, so that might be a good option if you want a similar yet distinctly different sound. Plus, most Renowns on eBay these days sell for $1200 or less, with many between $900 and $1000.

Back