My PDP M5 drumset - What do you think?

ted

What do you guys think about the PDP M5 drumset? I have one and i personally love it to death, but i would like to hear what others think as well.
My setup
PDP M5 - Tobacco burst
10" tom
12" tom
14" floor tom
14" snare
22" bass
Snare head - Evans HD Genera
Bass head - Evans eq4
all tom heads - Evans ec2 coated
Cymbals -
Zildjian zbt 16"
Meinl HCS 13" hi hats
Meinl HCS 20" ride
Sabian B8 14" fast crash
Wuhan 12" china
Hardware -
PDP 400 double bass pedal
PDP throne
PDP 700 series stands
Gibraltar mini boom clamp

Tell me what you guys think!
ill post pics later

Last edited:
Re: PDP M5 drumset

Hey welcome to the forums, I think this should be under the "your gear" section of the forum.

I haven't owned or played on one, so I'm not sure what to think about it, I can't wait to see pics thought man.

Welcome to the forum.

Indeed - your basic question was ok to create this thread in the Gear section:
What do you guys think about the PDP M5 drumset? I have one and i personally love it to death, but i would like to hear what others think as well.
But when you went into the details of what _you_ have (sizes, cymbals...) -> Your Place -> Your Gear section. So I moved the thread accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't played the m5, but I have played the fs-5 and it is a great set for the price. I like pdp stuff, because they are cheap and good sounding, I have heard complaints about the hardware though. One of the members here got an m5 set for next to nothing and likes it a lot. What do you think about those cymbals though?

Welcome to the forum.

Indeed - your basic question was ok to create this thread in the Gear section:

But when you went into the details of what _you_ have (sizes, cymbals...) -> Your lace -> Your Gear section. So I moved the thread accordingly.

Thank you for making that clear. The help on this forum is excellent! Thanks!

Haven't played the m5, but I have played the fs-5 and it is a great set for the price. I like pdp stuff, because they are cheap and good sounding, I have heard complaints about the hardware though. One of the members here got an m5 set for next to nothing and likes it a lot. What do you think about those cymbals though?

Cymbals are ok...could deffinatly use improvment but sound fine as i'm not doing anything big right now. Im looking to save up for some higher quality ones in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple pics of the PDP M5

Attachments

• 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 185.jpg
    185.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 837