Mike Johnston

As far as I can see there doesn't seem to be a thread on this guy and I really don't know why.

So here is a place to chat about the guy. Who knows...he may even show up so you can ask him a few questions. Lets see.

As a Meinl player myself I'm really diggin his new cymbal set up. I might get myself some extra dry hats too.

Does anyone know anything about how he tunes his drums? Anyway, check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSd6txgFsDQ

SonorPlayer

Johnston is the guy that really got me into wanting to be a teacher. Love the way he presents the information, super cool, laidback, and funny. Thats exactly how I approach my students. He's in my top five players i would want to study and hang with. Also out of all the online/youtube vidoes i've seen i took away the most from him. Peace John bag out.

I got to see Mike last year in April at a clinic here at Sam Ash in Phoenix and it was SOOOOOO INSPIRATIONAL!!!! I am trying to get better all the time thanks to him. He is also one of the coolest people I have ever met. He is an amazing player as well.

Back