snare pad on jo jo mayer video

wormtownpaul

Does anyone know what kind of snare pad jo jo mayers is using on his instructional dvd? It rests right on top of the snare, and looks like about a one inch deep snare. Is it the thing that Sabian puts out?

it's a tunable soundshape from Remo. He talks about it during his modern drummer festival Q/A on the dvd. I guess It's possible he uses something else on his instructional dvd, but on the MDfest dvd, it's the remo thing.

http://www.remo.com/portal/products/443/528/ds_tunablesoundshape.html

It is absolutely not!
It is made by Sabian, and is called "Quiet Tone" as Chazz said.
They are generally white "quiet tone" heads, but Jojo replaced his with an ebony head.

As a special package, the quiet tones with black remo heads were released with Jojo's signature sticks and his DVD, i think it was going for like $100 or something.

It is absolutely not!
They are generally white "quiet tone" heads, but Jojo replaced his with an ebony head.

As a special package, the quiet tones with black remo heads were released with Jojo's signature sticks and his DVD, i think it was going for like $100 or something.

OK, we're clearly talking about 2 different things because on the Modern Drummer festival DVD with jo jo mayer on it he talks about the Remo Tunable Sound Shape for like 2 minutes after someone in the crowd asks what it is.

This is why i qualified this answer the first time i said it with "It's possible he uses something else on his instructional dvd" because I haven't seen that.

It is absolutely not!

I'll vouch for this, it's definitely the Sabian Quiettone on the dvd. I've bought one and very useful it is too.

OK, we're clearly talking about 2 different things because on the Modern Drummer festival DVD with jo jo mayer on it he talks about the Remo Tunable Sound Shape for like minutes after someone in the crowd asks what it is.

This is why i qualified this answer the first time i said it with "It's possible he uses something else on his instructional dvd" because I haven't seen that.

You're right about the MDF 05, but the OP was asking about his instructional DVD ;)

Back