Show Off Your DW Kit

I was wondering if anyone knew if you can buy DW collectors series badges anywhere?

Even if I had to get them from DW, does anyone know if that's an option?

If im not mistaken.... you can't purchase dw badges.. There were some issues online (especially eBay) where guys were taking Keller shells and slapping DW badges on them.. and selling them.

I actually work at a drum shop and dw won't even sell us individual parts (like casings and lugs).. Anyway, i know you can definitely grab some off of eBay. Considering this is the only known place to get them, they are normally somewhat expensive.

Hope this helps!!
-Chris

thanks for the response!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every DW drum have a date and the note printed on the inside? I'm looking at a DW kick on ebay and I asked the seller for the date and he told me there wasn't one and says that I am wrong about every shell having a date.

thanks for the response!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every DW drum have a date and the note printed on the inside? I'm looking at a DW kick on ebay and I asked the seller for the date and he told me there wasn't one and says that I am wrong about every shell having a date.

If it's an older Keller shell it will only have a serial number. Once DW started makings it's own shells it will have a born date and a note stamp.

HTH

Time my baby had an airing...

These were taken when Neal Wilkinson used my kit at a gig in Northern England a few years ago. Neal & I had met on another job a few weeks earlier. Top bloke - lovely player too. I dont let just anybody play them you know!!!!

Attachments

• Neal1.jpg
    Neal1.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 8,186
  • Neal2.jpg
    Neal2.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 7,997
  • Neal5.jpg
    Neal5.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 7,780
  • Neal3.jpg
    Neal3.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 7,897
I'll play!

Here's mine. Before anyone says anything about the tom angles :), I changed them recently. This is an older picture. I also have one of my edge snare that I had made to match the set. It's a crappy picture but you can still see it.

Nice!...is this a laquer?

3823507098_23b2a05d91.jpg

not my kit, but this was rented for me for a festival gig. pretty nice kit! kinda older wmp wrapped dw kit. 22, 12, 16, 18 and a matching snare.

You cant buy badges or lugs, DW will allow you to replace lugs but you have to send in your DW lugs first.

Great kits all!

Here is my DW kit, which I got back in '96. Does anybody know the name of this finish? I am thinking about trying to aquire an extra drum or two, and DW doesn't make it anymore. BTW, Also showing is a Gretsch Catalina Club Mahogany snare which sounds amazing.

Regards,

Alex

Attachments

• 2009-06-27-120.jpg
    2009-06-27-120.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 6,903
  • 2009-06-27-172.jpg
    2009-06-27-172.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 6,904
  • 2009-06-27-173.jpg
    2009-06-27-173.jpg
    822.5 KB · Views: 6,936
  • 2009-06-27-170.jpg
    2009-06-27-170.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 6,947
  • 2009-06-27-168.jpg
    2009-06-27-168.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 7,119
Nice Kit Scuba... bet she'll look great under lights !

ENJOY!!!!

Anyone know what finish my kit is?! (See three posts down.) Help!

Thanks!!

Anyone know what finish my kit is?! (See three posts down.) Help!

Thanks!!

Kind of hard to tell in the first two pics, but that is usually called Black Diamond Pearl.

Time my baby had an airing...

These were taken when Neal Wilkinson used my kit at a gig in Northern England a few years ago. Neal & I had met on another job a few weeks earlier. Top bloke - lovely player too. I dont let just anybody play them you know!!!!

A beefy rock kit, a five-string Stingray and a stand-up? Far out, man.

My VLT black ice kit road kit. Standard size toms, 20" bass.
My Collectors red fade over curly maple, fast sizes.
I am loving the rack!

Attachments

• dw kits jeff's.jpg
    dw kits jeff's.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 7,548
  • -DW drum rack 3.jpg
    -DW drum rack 3.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 7,509
  • -DW drum rack 4.jpg
    -DW drum rack 4.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 7,465
My VLT black ice kit road kit. Standard size toms, 20" bass.
My Collectors red fade over curly maple, fast sizes.
I am loving the rack!

those are some wicked kits, you are blessed!

your black ice kit looks like its set up very similar to Carter Beaufords kit.

im sure that's intentional ;)

-Jonathan

Carter for sure. About 9 years ago I switched to open handed to play DMB stuff. It made things more interesting for playing all genres of music.

...these are my 50th birthday present to myself.

These are the classics that I have lusted after. 22x14, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5 in vintage marine pearl. These drums sound great, and are a night and day difference from my collectors. I have the best of both worlds, bright and poppy with great projection from the 22,12,14 classics, big, boomy, and warm enough to pop popcorn from the 24,13.16 collectors.

That being said, I would still run past the classics to save the collectors if my basement was on fire, but that could change.

Barry

Last edited:
Back