Has the rising cost of drum equipment affected you

I agree. New drums are a bargain but the accessories are what's killing the pocketbook. I picked up a used Ludwig drum set for $250 (awesome deal) and ended up spending about $150 on new drum heads (stinks...).

I agree. New drums are a bargain but the accessories are what's killing the pocketbook. I picked up a used Ludwig drum set for $250 (awesome deal) and ended up spending about $150 on new drum heads (stinks...).

heeheee

Tru dat.

I finally found the 7 X 8 tom of my dreams (or is it 8 X 7 now?) Got a good price on it. It arrived in excellent condition.

Steps:

• Learn of Glick, and buy a section of vinyl wrap that is nearly a spot on match to my kit
  • Pull off and send in to DW all the brass hardware (12 lugs)... so I can buy 12 chrome lugs
  • Buy 12 Stainless / Chrome / Whatever... non-brass Tension Rods for new Lugs. Brass tension rods now collecting dust
  • Pull off brass hoops, source and buy 6-lug chrome hoops. Brass hoops now collecting dust
  • Pull off lame batter - replace
  • Pull off clear Rezo - replace with black rezo. Perfectly good clear 8" rezo now collecting dust.
  • Buy an 8" Protection Racket bag
  • Buy another tom mount L Rod, another Clamp for my Rack
  • Source STM mount in Chrome. Faint at price. Find one for $25 less... back order... Dreading the moment when this brass STM Mount will be collecting dust with the spotless 8" rezo, brass tension rods and brass hoops.

I easily paid more to get the tom to the kit than I did for the tom.

OK - this is the first time I've looked at the real price to add this 8" tom to my kit, and now I'm kinda pissy about it. I think adding the 16" 3 years ago cost less!

:-(

-Ken

Back