Hi Hat on Polices Walking on the Moon

A 4 letter word that begins with a C.

Somewhere out there online there is a picture without the tape.

Ah!

I'd misread it then.

I thought it said "Aunt".

BZnofBvIYAAfzOK.jpg

You can read most of it on the back of the original album cover.
That explains how it escaped me. All I had to play music on back then was a Sanyo boombox, so I used cassette tapes which were obviously lacking in album art. I couldn't find a photo of the exact model I had, but the one below is close. I do remember it ate tapes almost as much as it played them, so I got pretty good at cracking open the cassettes and splicing the tape back together. I'd sometimes lose whole sections of a song though.

Attachments

• boombox.jpg
    boombox.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 815
He was also not shy to use overdubs on the tracks.

I read an interview one time where he talked about overdubbing the bell hits on "roxanne" and that he enjoyed watching other drummers do covers of the song so he could see how each person approached that sound which he simply overdubbed in studio.

I read an interview one time where he talked about overdubbing the bell hits on "roxanne" and that he enjoyed watching other drummers do covers of the song so he could see how each person approached that sound which he simply overdubbed in studio.

I thought that was Message in a Bottle? I can't recall Roxanne sounding crazy with the bell hits

You're probably right.

Point for this thread is, whatever you're hearing could easily be overdubbed, altered, or delayed with effects.

I think this guy has got the right idea about that song.

https://youtu.be/LEv6PrcZRzU

Ya wanna maybe help us out with the hi lights there? Point?

I skipped around, no playing & not gonna listen to that knucklehead ramble for 45 minutes about the color of Stings T shirt...

Possibly interesting side discussion, what kinda drug concoction is he on??

Back