Suggestions for a 20" crash/ride (Zildjian)

Zero Mercury Drummer

I like a big crashy ride for heavier parts of rock tunes- (think Alex Van Halen, AC/DC, Metallica etc.). For years and years I used a 20" Zildjian A med. thin Crash for this, that worked very well. Finally it broke.
Now there are so many new models on the market- does anybody know if there is a Zildjian that is designed for crash/ride, that sounds good? Something that will work for big crashes, but can also be ridden for that big "washy" cymbal ride sound?

I like a big crashy ride for heavier parts of rock tunes- (think Alex Van Halen, AC/DC, Metallica etc.). For years and years I used a 20" Zildjian A med. thin Crash for this, that worked very well. Finally it broke.
Now there are so many new models on the market- does anybody know if there is a Zildjian that is designed for crash/ride, that sounds good? Something that will work for big crashes, but can also be ridden for that big "washy" cymbal ride sound?

Any thin 20" Zildjian will fit the bill but you have to crash it yourself to hear what you like. Just go to the store and bash a few. You'll know what you like or dislike after one hit.

An A medium thin is still a great all purpose cymbal. I used A crash rides for years too. I am currently using a 20" Z Custom medium crash for that purpose but my project is LOUD. I am fighting a wall of amps. It won't work for everyone.

An A medium thin is still a great all purpose cymbal. I used A crash rides for years too. I am currently using a 20" Z Custom medium crash for that purpose but my project is LOUD. I am fighting a wall of amps. It won't work for everyone.

I thought about the Z, but as you said they are loud. I will definitely try one out in the store. My band is fairly loud.

Back