Hi everyone,

I'll be visiting San Diego next week for the first time. Can anyone recommend

- Any places with live music
- Any drum stores
- Any drumming events or any event of interest to a drummer

Please let me know.

Thanks

Dude,

I live in San Diego and would love to have the same answers for some of that...5th Street downtown has plenty of good stuff Croce's is on 5th for live music; not much into the club scene though so probably not the best to ask anymore! But SD is nice place growing up there I LOVED IT STILL.

Welcome to DW forum

JIM

Hi everyone,

I'll be visiting San Diego next week for the first time. Can anyone recommend

- Any places with live music
- Any drum stores
- Any drumming events or any event of interest to a drummer

Please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks drumhead for the info and the welcome. I will try and visit the places you have recommended. I noticed that there is also a Guitar Centre. I'll drop in although with the current exchange rate it doesn't make shopping economical.

Having toured extensively (UK/Europe/US), recorded, been a band member with, as well as just watching from the audience, I feel I can honestly describe Simon as not just a drummer but as a world class musician. As a drummer, he is second to none – and I have worked with some of big names in the drum world: Thomas Lang, Graham Broad, Mel Gaynor, Cozy Powell (RIP) being just a few. As an all round musician Simon comes into his own. He really knows his craft and can be sensitive, dynamic, aware… to just plain aggressive behind the kit. As a bass player, this makes the perfect combination for me and makes Simon invaluable to any rhythm section. Just being a fantastic all round musician isn’t quite enough though. If a musician can’t get along with his peers and there are many, (imagine being stuck on a tour bus for two months with a diva?) you won’t be getting a call from me! Simon is a first call musician. He is professional, positive, versatile, reliable, funny and above all very talented. I would recommend him 100%.

Back