Sampling pad use with an acoustic kit (similar to matt nichols from bring me the horizon etc)

ge0123

Hey all, i really want to make use of a roland electric kit pad i have by using it to create the big bass drop that heavy bands use going into breakdowns, obviously this can be synthetically added in the studio but how could i produce this live? thanks in advance :)

Sampling pad? If by that you mean you have an SPD-S, it should already have a factory installed sound you can use.​
If, on the "other hand", all you have is a Roland Drum Pad, then you need a module to go with it.​
The pad, in and of itself, is just a trigger.​
WarningPlenty of ways you can get from point A to B .... but it ain't cheap. Prepare to spend $350-800, at least. Depending on how you choose. I have a Roland SPD-S ($350), a Korg Wave Drum ($425), and a Mandala Ver.1 ($800). Any of those will hybrid an acoustic kit quite nicely ....​

Harry's right on.

I've got the SPD-S and it sounds like what you want.

The new SPD-30 or other modules with internal sounds (Alesis DM10, Roland TD-xx brains, etc.) are also an option but if you don't care for the internal sounds, you are stuck.

You can work on sounds in any situation and transport them over to SPD-S via Compact Flash card. You can also sample on the fly. That means you can just hook up a mike and record right then and there where you are. You can also hook up an MP3 player or CD player directly and pull sounds from that.

The above features are why the SPD-S still sells and is pervasive n the electronics world after being out for a few years without any significant hardware upgrades.

Jim

I just bought a spd-s and love it. Needed a keyboard hit for a Pink song, couldn't find it in any sound bank so i just plugged my keyboard into it, sampled it Bamb! there it was. It has Compact flash for storage/9 pads/4 available trigger inputs. Bought a ddrum trigger for the kick and having a little trouble with double triggering but pretty sure I can play with it to get it to work,(Ihope) This was my first step into electronic drums and I love it.

Back