Full DVD downloads from Hudson..

One important thing to me: It feels kind of unsure to pay for something I "only" get on my computer. Things could get messed up in multiple ways, I like the security of having a physical copy of a DVD (or an audio CD for that matter) in my hand.
Also it's easier to me to have it all neat and orderly. I don't like the idea of my computer having tons of data I don't have anywhere else. Hope I make sense.

One important thing to me: It feels kind of unsure to pay for something I "only" get on my computer. Things could get messed up in multiple ways, I like the security of having a physical copy of a DVD (or an audio CD for that matter) in my hand.
Also it's easier to me to have it all neat and orderly. I don't like the idea of my computer having tons of data I don't have anywhere else. Hope I make sense.

Yes, that's why I suggested an encrypted backupping option. But I don't know how hard would it be technically to actually program.

I know I am rough on every piece of media I own, so I make copies of everything as soon as I purchase it. I noticed that the Modern Drummer Festival dvd's are so hard to get out of the case that the inner circle breaks off, and the dvd is worthless. I will never, unless forced to, cave into the download thing. I like to hold it in my hand, kind of like I will never stop buying a newspaper to read.

You know what's funny is that is why I prefer downloads - because they're safe and secure from scratches, dust, fingerprints, warping from sunlight, breaking, or being lost or stolen.

I have paid for hundreds of dollars of DVDs that either don't play anymore or I lost... and no one will send me a new DVD (I've asked! :) Money down the drain!

With MOD Machine, you can always redownload anything if your hard drive crashes or you buy a new computer, so once you've shelled out cash for something, you will always have access to it.

If you do want to back up MOD Machine data now, you can, just by dragging the folder to another drive, but soon it will be much easier, where you can choose what you want to back up and where.

So just for your information about the Digital Downloads:

Drummerworld teamed up with HudsonMusic and make available all Digital Downloads here on Drummerworld. We give it a try....

http://www.drummerworld.com/hudsondigital.html

dwdigital495.gif

If you install the free player there are two free movies: Aaron Spears and Benny Greb

Bernhard

dwdigital600.gif

Thanks for keep making it easy Bernhard, to the people at Hudson Music, well, theres no version for Linux and now i have installed a virtualized win an its saying that i need Quicktime as well?? (as windows or osX), i am sorry but i am not taking it.

By the way, if you install the app without quicktime it will give you continous errors about a missing library, which i believe its a Quicktime dll, if you force people to use Quicktime you should warn about this before installation from my point of view. So they can do a clean install without having to reinstall.

Apart from that the rest seems ok, but i dont understand why you would use the people to use Quicktime, i just dont get it. Is ti because its DRM?

edit (i clarifiy now as pointed by B. this is the Hudson's classic store): By the way, has anybody realized that if you try to buy 2 items of one product they will charge you just the double? (and keep multiplying if theres more), that does not make sense does it...?
NOTE: Actually if you buy from the states is not the same calculation, so if you buy more than one product from Europe or Uk its expensiver.

1 item
screenshot1.png

4 items
screenshot2.png

Last edited:
Check the different prices for USA or Europe under shipping, i hope this is an error, plus it actually does not convert the euro dollar thing equally does it?..., 39 $ = 29 € (they did the convertion right for the uk market, as it shows 26 pounds sterling for a 39,95 US$, but is a 25% expensiver if you buy in euros).
So not very worthy...¿?

from Europe
screenshot3.png

from USA
screenshot4.png

This is all new and innovative - not easy to revolutionise the market. A work in progress so....

The quicktime thing seems important. The currency thing is sure an easy one. And of course there should be no shipping with downloads - oh stop is see: this doesn't concern the digital download - there you have a confusion....

thanks for making aware - the Hudson crew is informed and will take care of it...

thanks

Bernhard

Last edited:
This is all new and innovative - not easy to revolutionise the market. A work in progress so....

The quicktime thing seems important. The currency thing is sure an easy one. And of course there should be no shipping with downloads - oh stop is see: this doesn't concern the digital download - there you have a confusion....

thanks for making aware - the Hudson crew is informed and will take care of it...

thanks

Bernhard

No confusion Bernhard, i think i have said that was using their normal store, which is why i point it out as i dont fancy the digital stuff now, due to its restrictions.

Thank you.

this whole download thing is scary and yet oddly intriguing. I can't see much of a downside I guess, but the only thing is you don't get the wall posters if any are included. I don't know, I'll take the plunge I think and try something. I'll let you know how it goes.

Digital downloads are the future indeed and should be a supplement to hardcopy DVD sales, if anything. Some people just prefer physical media!

You do cross a LOT of spatial and supply constraints though with digital - easier to sell all over the world!!! :)

Personally? Either digital download or hardcopy is fine as long as the price delta isn't hugely significant (e.g., digital DL is $9.99 while a hardcopy DVD is $34.99)... that's a bit insane. Plus you have the shipping cost on top of that. In other words, any delta over $10, I'd probably digital download it.

Separate topic entirely, but as someone who works in the computer technology field everyday, it is quite feasible with a little know-how and some freeware utilities to burn downloaded and encrypted movie files to DVD. Just be careful Pat!

Dominick

Hey Pat!
Just to let you know I'd prefer to have a DVD to take anywhere...I can watch it at home, at work on my computer, or my friend's 60" with surround sound.

Any chance for HG&F part 2?

Back