Gretsch reknown maple...for metalcore????

jjl81

Gretsch renown maple...for metalcore????

Hi everyone. I have the oportunity of getting myself a Gretsch reknown maple kit, it looks amazing and is a very good deal. Right now I own a Mapex M birch kit, so that it would be a big change! What I want to know is if it is a proper kit for the kind of music that I play which is metalcore. I've never heard a metalcore drummer playing one of these drums....so what do you think?????
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
As a Renown owner I have to point out the spelling of Renown. I see no reason why they wouldn't work for any style depending on how they are tuned.

Gretsch renown maple...for metalcore????

oopsss......thank you very much for the correction (I'm not american).

As a Renown owner I have to point out the spelling of Renown. I see no reason why they wouldn't work for any style depending on how they are tuned.

...And neither am I.

Yes, it will work fine. Whack some G2s on there and it'll sound just right.

Did sound recently for a metal/punk group where the drummer had a champagne sparkle Renown kit. Pretty much factory stock. It sounded great. Especially the kick, with a plastic beater.

I use my renown maple for a combination of punk / hardcore / metalcore with a hint of ska and reggae (yes, a lot of style-combinations :p);

and I must say it works perfectly. Just put some G2's on there and tune em like you want em.
Personally, I use 5 toms (8,10,12,14 and 16)

and I love the way the smaller toms cut through the music with the higher tones, and how the larger tomes, just tsunami over the music making it that much lower.

put a emad on the bass for a nice punchy deep sound.
and the snare also tunes nicly for metalcore(I use a g2 coated.)

so, I'd say go for it.

Back