A Little Funk

I like that. A bit of funk with balls, or without, depending on your perspective! Great sax!

It looks like Sheila picked up a lotta stuff from Prince! She's a great drummer with a hot funk groove. And yeah, GruntersDad, Mindi's sax playing was awesome. Not sure how Sheila plays drums in a tight dress; I guess it must have a slit in it.

I always wear pants to drum. When I was younger I was at a party and didn't realise there'd be a drum set there, a bunch of musos wanting to play, and no drummer apart for me. At first I went "Noooo" because I was wearing a short skirt but they needed a drummer so someone got me a towel to cover me up and we all had fun without anyone getting an eyeful.

I always wear pants to drum. When I was younger I was at a party and didn't realise there'd be a drum set there, a bunch of musos wanting to play, and no drummer apart for me. At first I went "Noooo" because I was wearing a short skirt but they needed a drummer so someone got me a towel to cover me up and we all had fun without anyone getting an eyeful.

Behind a (modest) monster kit I hope Polly!!!....easily concealed.

Thanks GD, I enjoyed that. Now there is something I would NEVER have sought out of my own accord. I'm glad I saw it.

Mindi typically plays what is Smooth Jazz, not everyones cup of tea, but I went to see her in concert along with Boney James who was the headliner, and I'm sure he was sorry he had to follow her. She can really play that thing and had the place going crazy.

Behind a (modest) monster kit I hope Polly!!!....easily concealed.

Just a normal five-piece, if I remember rightly. I really needed that towel!

GD, is Mindi playing that Dave Sanborn style? Shame when fantastic players play musak, but I can understand that they want to be well-rewarded for their talent and they have side projects which let them really stretch out.

Not really sure what you mean by D.S. style. She has been a major talent for years but playing with COED was a surprise to me.

Now that's not fair.........I'm not sure i'll be able to think of anything else all night.

GD, that's what I think of when "smooth jazz" is mentioned - like later David Sanborn, sort of the instrumental equivalent of Michael Bolton.

Moktie, to think of something else, just watch COED play again. It's so not fair - like with the Corrs - absolutely beautiful AND stacks of talent!

Back