Jose Pasillas

Re: Jose Pasillas I.N.C.U.B.U.S. M.A.S.T.E.R.

BigFreeze said:
what is too bad?
I think Jose is a great drummer

Mmmh.. Yeap. Jose is great.
But...
I think is too bad listening ONLY ONE BAND. Music is .... I don't know....

I think...
yeah...
I mean.....
you know!

Exactly what Mr. milo said.

Jose = my favorite drummer.

Although I really enjoy Incubus' music, I would not only want to listen to one band all the time.

Last edited:

OK yeah I don't hear Incubus all the time...i think i say it wrong...of course i hear other music...sry...:D:D

Jose is super good...i love how creative he is...incubus rocks too...their new album just demands more attention...sick sad little world, pistola, and priceless really show off some talent i think..but yes, the last albums were better...they should stick with their psychedelic - fusion rock that they are so good at.

hi i'm an italian incubus's fan and what i want to say is that drummerwold could put in the site the amazing solo of jose in live at red rocks!!!could it be possible!!???please i'll really enjoy it...and i think that more people could be the same...foo

I'm a huge fan of Jose Pasillas, he's one of the reasons i got into Incubus.

He is a real groovy drummer...

It seems to me that in the beginning days of Incubus, his technique wasn't perfect though :)...

i like this drummer alot, he reminds me a lot of stewart copeland (who he admits is one of his greatest influences) and you can really hear it! i think he does wonders for incubus.. what do you guys think

Re: Jose Pasillas...

I think Jose is great. He's one of those guys that seem to be infinitely creative when it comes to drumming. There's just something really fun about his style.

Re: Jose Pasillas...

Yeah, he must be pretty creative to stay in incubus, every cd of theirs is so different. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is incredible, as are a few other albums.

Breakbeat Milo said:
I don't really like he's technique. He seems to be a table while he plays!!

But... I like him as a drummer. Yes.. he's very creative. You just have to listen SC.I.E.N.C.E. album.

A table? What does that mean? (shakes head) Well, anyway, I used to love the disc "Morning View" back in my formative drumming years and have a soft spot in my heart for Mr. Pasillas. I had forgotten about him until I picked up a used copy of "A Crow Left of the Murder" (Incubus' latest and with a new bassist) and remembered just how DIFFERENT this guy is. No, he's not the most disciplined but man, the guy is just different and I really appreicate that about him.

cheers.

I love this drummer. Really adds to the talent expressed by all of the Incubus members and most of his songs seem to have me on the set trying to learn them for hours. I lvoe the cymbal work in Warning by the way, I can't get over it.

Jose is the reason why I started playing set, watch the alive in red rocks dvd and watch his solo for vitamin, or better yet watch them live

JOSE JOSE JOSE....yah jose..
if you will notice...his the kind of drummer that has his original kind of beat...
yah i watch that video too...darn it.. his so good..that 1 handed rolling...its so great..

that drum solo was not that long....but the every note jose put in it..was so amazing...

many songs of incubus...if u listen to the beat of the drums you find it easy...
but wen u try it in ur own....u will find it hard..

2112theaterdreamingfreak said:
I saw incubus 2 times and I thought they were all awsome. They could have used a better bassist, but they were still on. Jose rocks on the drums, he played a sweet drum solo, with the bassist on a mini set, and Brandon Boyd on conga drums. It was in between the song vitamin. It was really awsome. I liked the sound of his cymbals a lot. They were really sweet. Same with his DW drums!

duh!excuse me!th

the percussion instrument that brandon is playing...
its not conga....its djembe...peace!

Breakbeat Milo said:
TRUE.

I used to love (and I do actually) so so much S.C.I.E.N.C.E.. that.. I had to buy it original.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is a wonderful album.

many incubus fans love that album[SCIENCE]

if im not mistaken its their 1st album...right?

i luv da sone summer romance...the beat of the drums was simple but so great

jose really put an attitude on it..

.i..i.

READ IT!!!!!
Jose Antonio Pasillas II (born 26 April 1976) is the drummer of the rock band Incubus.

Some of his influences include Chad Sexton of 311, Stewart Copeland of The Police, Tré Cool of Green Day, and Ian Paice of Deep Purple. He is of Mexican descent. In the liner notes of the critically-acclaimed release from Incubus entitled S.C.I.E.N.C.E., Pasillas is credited with making burritos and other food items for the band.

Jose uses Drum Workshop drums, Sabian Cymbals, Pro-Mark Sticks, Remo drumheads, and Pearl hardware.

According to Sabian his current cymbal set up is as follows:

13" AAX Fusion Hats
14" AAX Mini Chinese
8" AAX Splash
10" AAX Splash
20" AAX Studio Crash
12" HHX Evolution Splash
20" HHX Studio Crash
21" Hand Hammered Raw-Bell Dry Ride
18" HHX Chinese
16" HHX Stage Crash
He uses a 14" snare, 5 tom-toms (8", 10", 12", 16", 18", clockwise), and one bass drum.

Jose is a good drummer. I think he is alot like Ringo, the way people describe Ringo that is. He doesn't over play parts and he plays whats appropriate for the music. He is smooth and solid and has some great creative beats. I've seen and heard lots of drummers with phenomenal chops but alot of them don't have their own flava to their playing. I think that's what seperates Jose and other professionals from the average drummer.

Jose.jpg

Yeah Jose has had a huge influence over me (as it seems he has over a lot of people here) because I started learning drums as I also got into Incubus. in fact, my style is very similar to his and I also have a smilar set up (AAX 8 and 10" splashes, 16" HHX stage crash etc). He's really creative and fits into the music well with Mike and Ben and doesn't get int the way but in fact compliments what they're doing.
I'm looking forward to their new album Light Grenades due out this month. Hope there's some "sick sad little world" songs in their!

Do i have negative to say to him? well it's not like reviewing a product like a car amplifier (haha for example). everyone here knows each drummer is different and has their own style and quirks. you either appreceate them or not. I like what he does and learn from it so no, nothing negative to say here!

- cheers

there is a track off their new album on the website and it sounds quality, make yourself/morningview style. Once again Jose kicks butt.

He was my first and greatest influence and along with jimmy chamberlain is the drummer im often likened to when people hear me (that and the bloc party guy, anyone know his name?) , probably not a great thing but it still makes me happy to hear it.

By the way, i'm not saying i'm anywhere near as good as them, Hell No!

anyway - jose rules

Back