Stupid Thread 1 - How Much Drink

W

Woz.275

How much drink does it take for you to start slur-ing your words.

For me its about 4 pints of beer and 2 JD cokes, after that i start getting silly, and start to slur. I also start acting 30 years younger than what i actually am.

What about you, we are all differnt ages, sex, and size.

What does it take for you to become silly..

This is meant to be a light hearted thread, so no doom and gloom..

I've never been word-slurringly drunk but only ever slightly tipsy. That required 2 strong (and expensive) cocktails and a 0.5 L bottle of koppaberg. Also if you're american then a "pint" in the UK is much bigger than those tiny little things that qualify for a pint over there lol.

I've never been word-slurringly drunk but only ever slightly tipsy.

Geez, Ed. I really wish I could say the same thing. However, history would judge me harshly if I did.

Woz, 4 pints and two jacks would see me just "easing into a solid session"........and be looking around wondering who's shout it was next.

Tipsy? Most likely. Finished?? Hell no.......just getting started! :)

WHAT??? I am offended. Hiccup. Errrr....it's all cool. What was the question?

2 or 3 pints if i havent eaten

4-6 if i have

if im drumming i cannot get get slurring drunk i burn it off way too quick.

Entirely depends on how much I've had to eat and what I've been up to that day.

Exactly. Usually I'll start to feel relaxed after 1-2 beers, which is nice for a dinner. I can drink a 6-pack before I really get serioulsy affected by the alcohol. I cannot drink any hard stuff anymore, since I can't pace myself like I do when I'm drinking beer.

For some reason my speech isn't really affected too much. Even to the point of black out drunk I can still talk and walk relatively well. I'm not a stumbler like some.

For some reason my speech isn't really affected too much. Even to the point of black out drunk I can still talk and walk relatively well. I'm not a stumbler like some.

Is that what you tell the occifer that pulls you over? ;)

7-8 beers sounds about right.

I'm home oceffir, take me drunk!

I'm back on the wagon though, by choice. "Know when to say when"

Wait...wait..wait....OK......just one more.

I drink beer like water, I've been known to have half a dozen pints of 8% double IPA beer and still feel right as rain and hold an intelligent conversation.

I don't drink very often, but when I do the actual stumbling drunk stage is normally around a dozen pints.

It could be worth mentioning before someone says 'yeah right' that I am quite tall, young and relatively fit and healthy, I'd imagine all of those things factor into being able to drink someone under the table.

Yep same here Frost, I drink quite a lot often so I guess I'm just hardened to it. Does depend on whether I've had food or not though.

Bizarrely enough I sound posh and my enunciation improves when I'm drunk, it's like I'm subconsciously over compensating for being drunk...most people find it quite strange!

Back