This forum, meeting each other

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Forums like this have great potential to introduce and connect people, I guess the word networking applies, although it's not clinical as the word sometimes applies.

I realize after meeting Larry Ace at NAMM, that I also met Bo via the forum, and he's become the go-to sub in a band I play with. I've met other forum members at NAMM (including Bernhard and Dogbreath) and elsewhere during my travels (including Gruntersdad and Pollyanna!)

Has anyone else met another Drummerworld member in person as a result of first meeting each other in the forum?

Bermuda

Has anyone else met another Drummerworld member in person as a result of first meeting each other in the forum?

Bermuda
Loads, I think as many as 15, maybe more :) There's something special about meeting members who you've already got to know a little online. I've made some real friends via the forum, & there's many more I'd love to meet too. I'm hoping to have a bit of free time on a trip to the USA soon, & it would be great to meet some more members. As soon as I have dates nailed down, I'll put a shout out, & see who's up for a hang :)

I have had the pleasure of meeting Bermuda, Derek Roddy, Paul Quin, and a host of Pro drummers at clinics. Shaking hands with a person whose digital bytes have been the only contact is absolutely great.
I almost forgot Gary Wac'd. I have seen Stanton Moore and Johnny Rabb on Twitter daily and have met both of them. There is another lad in St.Pete Fla., Geoff, alias G-2, I spent an afternoon with looking at gear.

Last edited:
The only one I have met was Zambizzi, who is no longer active. I ended up going to his birthday party and we are still friends on FB even though he moved across the country.

I almost met Bermuda at a Weird Al concert, but it was at the fairgrounds in Spokane and it never came together. Great fun seeing him, though!

Living in northern Idaho has it's geographic disadvantages but there are several forum members I'd really like to meet someday!

I met Todd Sucherman at a clinic, great person by the way. I bought and sold some items with members. Great forum and lots of very helpful knowledge. I was a horrible drum tuner for years. It wasn't until I joined this forum and expressd my frustrations and people really stepped up. Mostly CDRUMS21. Very gratefull.

Yes, thanks to my friend Andy who invited me at the 2012 LDS in London, I've attended the LDS every year since and I've met several forum members :)

So far I met the following forum members:

keep it simple (Andy) 2012, 2013 & 2014
Guru (Dean) 2012 & 2013
David Floegel 2012, 2013 & 2014
Michdrums (Michele Drees) 2012, 2013 & 2014
Mediocrefunkybeat / Bacteriumfendyoke (Duncan) 2012, 2013 & 2014
PQleyR (Ben) 2012 & 2013
Nuka 2012
Derek Roddy 2012
Pollyanna / Anon La Ply (Grea) 2013
larryace (Larry) 2013
Magenta (Madge) 2013 & 2014
Juniper (Jon) 2013 & 2014
Dave Major 2014
Davo London 2013 & 2014
Stagger Lee 2014
Wait for it drummer 2014
Poppy (Emmanuelle) since 1994...

I've also met Andy, Madge and David on several occasions outside the LDS... wonderful time spend together and great memories to keep :)

Like Andy stated, we've made some real friends via the forum, this place is real with real people, I hope to meet many more members in the forthcoming years.

I met Red Menace and New Tricks.
They came by the jam night where I play in the house band.
Great guys !!

New Tricks educated me on using digital drums and how to use Garage Band software to create music.

I learned some new tricks from New Tricks.

I've met Wy Yung and Bermuda in Sydney a few years ago. and the 2013 crew on Henri's list at the LDS. I've met mostly people from the northern hemisphere and only one Aussie member.

Jim beat me to it, I have met him and Crazy 8's (Kevin). Both great guys. Kevin gave 2 of my bass drums the 14 treatment and made me a custom snare that is one of my favorites.

I have met well over a dozen people from this forum at one point or another. Several on multiple occasions.

There are two people I met on this forum that I hang out with a on a regular basis.

There are 2 other occasional posters I was already friends with before joining this forum.

This forum has been good to me.

I haven't met anyone but would be open to anyone in the OKC area if you want to get together. PM me. I have bought some things from members on this forum.

I've not met anyone IRL from the forum yet; I started up a thread on Pacific Northwest drummers, but before I could nail down any good dates/times for meetups, my health took a short turn for the worse, and the job started going crazy simultaneously. Just now really getting back to normal. Having said that, a few of you are my friends on Facebook as well as fellow DW members, which isn't even close to real-life, but at least it's easier to cyberstalk you now. Right Bo?

I haven't met anyone on the forum yet either. It's all good. I don't get out much unless I'm playing a gig. It's my fault. I could have met Mike M once, but I was brand new here on DW and didn't have a studio to jam at back then.

I've not met anyone IRL from the forum yet; I started up a thread on Pacific Northwest drummers, but before I could nail down any good dates/times for meetups, my health took a short turn for the worse, and the job started going crazy simultaneously. Just now really getting back to normal. Having said that, a few of you are my friends on Facebook as well as fellow DW members, which isn't even close to real-life, but at least it's easier to cyberstalk you now. Right Bo?

Al, you aren't TOO far from me. Next time I go to Seattle we should visit!

Oh yeah. You are out-of-control in fb world ;)

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I am in two bands that play gigs all over the northeast and have played with hundreds of different bands in the last few years. It seems to me I would have crossed paths with somebody from the forum in that time. But to the best of my knowledge I have not.

I met 5 new forum members on Friday at NAMM. Bo and his lovely wife Debbie, DrumEatDrum, Mendozart and of course the great Bermuda. Bill Ray was the first guy I saw at NAMM. I saw him walking up to the convention center in the morning and recognized him. Plus of course the great Bo Eder whom I am so thankful to for taking it upon himself to offer me a pass to NAMM. Thanks man, I owe you one.

I met Andy, Henri, Grea, Ben Turk, Juniper, Madge and her husband Glenn, Dean Price, Michelle Drees, George Cook, Yolanda Charles, DUNCAN, and of course the devilishly handsome David Floegal at LDS in 2013.

I really want to meet WhoIs? someday, and Jeff Almeyda and I are supposed to get together whenever his busy schedule will allow.

This forum is a goldmine of people and information. Long live Bernhard, Drummerworld, and all the good people who frequent here, posters or not.

Back