Recommendations to have edges redone in Orange County CA

panop

Just picked up an old 69 Ludwig Standard kit. Noticed that the 12" tom batter side edge is wonky. The reinforcement ring goes slightly higher than the shell on one side for about an inch or two. Thinking it's best to just have the edge redone. Feel nervous about trying to sand it done to be level with shell.

Just picked up an old 69 Ludwig Standard kit. Noticed that the 12" tom batter side edge is wonky. The reinforcement ring goes slightly higher than the shell on one side for about an inch or two. Thinking it's best to just have the edge redone. Feel nervous about trying to sand it done to be level with shell.

Maybe email Ford Drums....they are in Santa Ana I believe. I have an old pearl snare that I contacted them about and they were willing to recut the edges...haven't done it yet. If I remember correctly one of the drum guys at GC in Fountain Valley recommended I contact them.

+1 on Chris Heuer.

Bermuda

You can try Pat at Boneyard drums in Norwalk too. And I know Pro Drum Shop will cut it for you too, but they're in Hollywood. There you go, four options for you so far.

Bill Detamore at Pork Pie is in Canoga Park. He recuts edges for many of the top drummers. I can understand having edges cut on an old drum but I heard he recut the edges on a modern Ludwig kit for Alan White. I wonder why that is?

Last edited:
Thanks for the added suggestions guys. I talked to Bob Rodriguez and he seems like a good guy. Very reasonably price and a bit closer to me as well. Anyone on the board that has had him do edges for them?

I have had work done by Bill @ Pork Pie when I live in Los Angeles. Very good work and good guy as well. I am really intrigued with the work the Chris can do but sounds like he is busy and is further away. Thanks again for the fast and great responses.

Wanted to thank everybody again for the suggestions. Went to see Bob Rodriguez of On The Edge Drums. Such a nice guy. He fixed my tom right up on the spot.

Back