What drumheads does Tre Cool use?

santiman12

hey guys, I'm new here, I'd like to know if you could tell me what drumheads does Tre Cool use, not the brand (remo) but the models he uses. bye.

hey guys, I'm new here, I'd like to know if you could tell me what drumheads does Tre Cool use, not the brand (remo) but the models he uses. bye.

Check out the new issue of Modern Drummer...Tre is the cover story and they have a list of the drum heads he uses. he also has gone from Ludwig to Leedy...very interesting.

Hey, in my country the magazine isn't sold. Could you please pass me the data about what drumheads he uses?. Thank you.

Heads:

Remo

Snare: Coated Emporer X over Hazy Clear Ambassador.

Toms: Coated Emporers over Clear Ambassadors

Bass: Clear Powerstroke 3 on batter side, with Smooth White Powerstroke 3 on reso.

Your welcome

Your not going to get his exact sound if you use the same heads that he uses. Keep in mind that his drums have lots of processing behind them.

Hey guys, what configuration would you recommend for a Mapex QR in order to not to kill the armonics, but keep the controlled?:
-Emperor coated in all batter sides
-Or the configuration Tre Cools uses?.

Thank you.

Hey guys, what configuration would you recommend for a Mapex QR in order to not to kill the armonics, but keep the controlled?:
-Or the configuration Tre Cools uses?.

Thank you.

I already posted his config.

-Or the configuration Tre Cools uses?

I guess it depends on how much you want to control it. It also depends on how you tune each drum, and each head on each drum, etc. I'd suggest you start with Emperors and if they don't sound like you want them to, experiment a lot to try different tunings and even small amounts of muffling (small strips of gaffers tape, MoonGel, etc). If they're still too resonant, then you're probably looking for something more along the lines of a Pinstripe.

Basically, you won't know until you try it yourself.

Check out the new issue of Modern Drummer...Tre is the cover story and they have a list of the drum heads he uses. he also has gone from Ludwig to Leedy...very interesting.

Yeah, I found that interesting myself. He said he uses his Ludwig kit in the studio, still...but prefers the Leedy toms. I wasn't clear, after reading the article, if he successfully purchased the Leedy company and patents from Gretsch or not? I wonder how else they would be manufacturing new drums now, and he did mention that he was trying to buy the company.

The Leedy web site says they are owned by Frederick Gretsch...and I think the article said the shells were shipped from Gretsch to the Pro Drum Shop in Hollywood to add the hardware. So what's the point...it ain't Leedy.

The Leedy web site is pretty Spartan..no info on where to purchase, but there was a full page Leedy ad in the same Modern Drummer that says they're available at Pro Drum Shop. Anyone know more?

Back