Heel toe on Iron Cobra Power Glide

xdriv3r

I own a Pearl P120p single and an Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Pedal. I found it significantly easy to heeltoe on my cheap single chain pearl pedal but not on the iron Cobra. I have them in stock settings with the beater at about 45 degrees. What may be the problem? Is it the cobra coil?

I own a Pearl P120p single and an Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Pedal. I found it significantly easy to heeltoe on my cheap single chain pearl pedal but not on the iron Cobra. I have them in stock settings with the beater at about 45 degrees. What may be the problem? Is it the cobra coil?

Depends on what you're calling heel toe, there's a lot of different examples of heel toe out there.

Show us a vid of you doing your heel toe, or link a YouTube vid of heel toe that you think you're doing and we can tell you exactly what's wrong with your IC pedal guaranteed, or your money back.

In play heel-toe on my IC. The only issue I had with it was learning the actual technique.

That pedal has so many settings. Try to mimic the settings from the Pearl pedal. Mess around with the IC's tension, board angle, etc. and you should find your foot's preference. I set my tension around medium, I suppose. Maybe the lighter side of medium.
I don't have the Cobra Coil on mine, so that may be another setting to look at changing. I think you can slide it all the way forward for minimal 'assistance'. Another thing that helped was removing the toe stop. I don't a very big foot but it did help.

I would take off the the toe-blocker thing. There is a tight drum lug on the bottom of the pedal, near the chain that you can untighten to take the peice off.

Back