Purchasing help pleasee !!!

i currently have a basic drum setup. the only addition being the 16 inch Paiste 2002 Crash. i use a ride that came with the set which is 15 inch :)P).

i have limited cash and am looking forward to purchase one (or two if i'm lucky and the prices are within range) out of the following:
- ride
- hi hats (i have the stock ones and they sound OK or CRAP maybe)
- drum heads (i'm looking at Remo Black Suedes)

through some search i found out the following options:

- Paiste 18" Rude Crash/Ride for $169.99
- Sabian AAX 20" Stage Ride for $79
- Sabian xs20 hi hats for $70
- Zildjian A New Beat Hi hats 14" for $119 (have heard some GREAT things about these)

if i do go with the Paiste Ride, i will ONLY be purchasing this, but with any other option, (surely in the case of Sabians) i would be able to go for Heads as well (maybe in the case of New Beats as well if the budget could be stretched).

i'm counting on the experienced guys, please helpp ASAP.. :))

Hats are probably your most important purchase. I like Sabian stuff, so I would recommend some stage hats. Hats are probably the safest thing to buy used because of there weight, and durability. Try and get a used set as cheap as you can, and maybe slip in some heads along with it. I also like the price of that stage ride you listed. Very versatile ride. One thing at a time. You will get there. Stay with top of the line cymbals though. If you treat them properly, they will last you a life time. Good luck.

When it comes to cymbals, there is good and there is crap and not much else between. I cannot recommend buying crap, which is what the xs20 hats are, IMO. Strike those from your list and everything else is a worth while purchase that could last you your entire life.

If it were me, I would follow Balto's advice and go with a good pair of hats, given how important they are. And from your list, that would be the New Beats. Then again, if it were me, it would be another brand of hats from a totally different list. But that's beside the point.

Point: buy good cymbals.

When it comes to cymbals, there is good and there is crap and not much else between. I cannot recommend buying crap, which is what the xs20 hats are, IMO. Strike those from your list and everything else is a worth while purchase that could last you your entire life.

If it were me, I would follow Balto's advice and go with a good pair of hats, given how important they are. And from your list, that would be the New Beats. Then again, if it were me, it would be another brand of hats from a totally different list. But that's beside the point.

Point: buy good cymbals.

its just that i had heard about the Beats before so i looked upon them, i'm still looking at stuff at guitar center, mention other good hats for rock music as well if you can (versatile hats would be great).

I have a 20" AAX stage ride and love it. I actaully bought the performance pack and got the 14" stage hats and 16" stage crash as well. No matter where or what I am playing I always take them with or without the rest of my cymbals.

Back