Snazzing up plain white drums.

Migaluch

Hey drummers. So here i am, with my first kit, a Tama Rockstar DX, and I wonder why it is so boring, Then i realize, wait, its just plain white! What ever am I to do???

Now seriously. When i first got into drumming, i just wanted whatever drum set i could get my hands on. My dad was very stingy with his money so i got this one. Turns out, i am a little bored with just white.

I mean, i love my kit, but a blank canvas of a set is something that has been bothering me. I know i am not exactly showing this kit off to anyone, but is there anything cheap that i really can do to make my kit look a little more interesting? I think this would be fun to do.

You mean like Vinnie's drums? Never considered him or his drum boring.

Nothing wrong with plain white. Shows up the lights on stage better than most wraps.

Put some different heads on it. I like the Remo Black Suede Emperors.

Would those, considering correct tuning, sound good on Rockstar DXs? I have a real oversized set, with 14 and 15 inch rack toms and an 18 inch floor tom (omg what did i get??). Also, would i have to go suede black on my snare or would it still look okay?

Im thinking that i might go for a pure white look, but would coated heads still sound good for Rock/Funk?

Colored lights. A green flood makes a white kit look green. A tri-color x-mas wheel (or 2, one for eack side), and you'll have your own psychedelic lightshow going on.

Try Dick Blick Sparkle Brite. It is an arts supply material, not a drum covering, so it should go over the existing wrap. Here's a link to a discussion - and to Dick Blick. The prices are very inexpensive.

http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54831&highlight=sparkle+brite

http://www.dickblick.com/products/sparkle-brite-glitter-film/

Jeff

Wow Jeff that's amazing! Do you have a link that tells me HOW to do it though haha? I have no knowledge of what i should do. Also, if your really nice, could you give me an estimate of how much it would cost to have my kit look just like the one from your link? I really want to do this and dont want to mess it up.

Wow Jeff that's amazing! Do you have a link that tells me HOW to do it though haha? I have no knowledge of what i should do. Also, if your really nice, could you give me an estimate of how much it would cost to have my kit look just like the one from your link? I really want to do this and dont want to mess it up.

I did a kit or $60 or so. Just measure the drums and order accordingly. The covering is thin, so you will want to apply it over your existing finish. Here is a link.

http://www.joshroot.com/rewrap.html

Jeff

I might be tempted to put pink flames on it and buy a yellow sparkle jacket!

I might be tempted to put pink flames on it and buy a yellow sparkle jacket!

With the aim of becoming an internet sensation.....and the bain of every drum forum in existence, I trust!!

OP, white drums are very cool. In fact, the only two finishes that have NEVER gone out of vogue are white and black. The rest come and go, but the "shades" remain a constant.

I agree with harryconway......get a couple of LED panels that change colors and you could have a different colored drum set every few seconds!
I actually saw a drummer at a local gig recently that did just that. It looked pretty cool.

Back