P.D.P. 6.5 x14 Ace $119 @ Best Buy

Bull

Gold Member
The Best Buy near me is blowing them out.I'm not sure if that's the national price but it's a good deal.

I own PDP X-7 kit, which I really love, except for the snare. So I doubt I'll be heading to Best Buy for a PDP snare. :)

I bought that exact snare at best buy last year for the same price and returned it. It sounded horrible and was out of round and I could not get a head to sit flush on it.

Last edited:
They were on sale for $99 last year. I got one too. I didn't like and sold it. A lot of people seem to like them,though.

I bought that exact snare at best buy last year for the same price and returned it. It sounded horrible and was out of round and I could not get a head to sit flush on it.

I did too. I liked it. Mine only cost $99. I put a texture coated Aquarian on it and it does just fine. Wasn't out of round. The only thing I didn't like was the thin hoops. But I did replace the PDP with a Big Black Pork Pie which looks exactly like it, sounds a little better and has the 2.3mm hoops. But that drum was $280 or so. I gave the PDP to my nephew. I did a little practice on it during the holidays until the neighbors got upset and told me to stop.

Last edited:
What is best buy doing selling drums?

That's what I said too when I stepped into my local store. They had a smaller version of guitar center with some decent gear. Some high-end. Lately though, they cleared out all their drumsets and you can only special order them. I think their Zildjians are on clearance too. Sucks because they still have guitars, keyboards, DJ stuff.

I got the ACE on clearance. Added a DW strainer + HD Dry. Sounded cool - eventually sold it to clear out gear.

I did pick up a DW Collectors 5 piece w/ snare and DW hardware on clearance. There are some deals out there.

I did pick up a DW Collectors 5 piece w/ snare and DW hardware on clearance. There are some deals out there.

I am thinking your post should have started with this...Congrats..What color? ya got pics??

I love their department. My guitarist bought his Marshall there, same with his Ibanez RG, they haggle with you too and will give AMAZING deals. Last time I was there, DW Collectors 5 piece Blue Glass with chrome hardware ($4277 at GC)...$2200. They also had new X7's for $450. I wish I had money to buy the X7's of course I didn't haha

Back