Dumb, or just an EC2/G1 Novice?

Misterwes

Did a search, and nothing came back. But regardless... Here is my issue. I have EC2 batter and G1 Reso... I REALLY need tips on tuning. Let me give you some words on what I am looking for. I switched from hydraulics over G1s to EC2 over G1s. I was looking for more openness while playing some Chili Peppers. I also play anything from AC/DC to Metallica to Chili Peppers. I know... WAY different sides of spectrum. But, I was told these could be tuned to support nearly anything. So please help with some tips!

to be honest with you, I've seen and read alot of different tuning methods. tried them, and none of them seem to work. Hell, I may be doing them wrong. any further tips?

If I tried to describe my tuning method this post would be a line page long.

The vids on youtube are pretty effective. You just have to listen and practice ALOT.

Maybe you dont have an ear for pitch and tuning, or maybe you just have to develope one.

Its all about practicing and being patient. You have a great head combo (same as mine) so you should be able to get a great tone.

On the Evans drumheads website there is a tuning video by Will Kennedy. It is easy and quick. Check it out, and good luck.

On the Evans drumheads website there is a tuning video by Will Kennedy. It is easy and quick. Check it out, and good luck.

Thanks, yeah I was trying to remember that guys name. :)

I think he's all over youtube also.

I would listen to as many videos from different drummers as you can so you can gain alot of knowledge, then decide which technique is best for you.

My style is somewhat different than what I've seen others do. I use two tuning keys at a time (on opposite sides) to get the tourque close to where I want, then I use one key to fine tune.
While I'm fine tuning I will use the criss cross method sometimes, and other times I just go around the drum. Dont know why but they both seem to work as long as your patient..

Back