My Tama Rockstar DX with Paistes

MRA Drummer

My current set-up. A Tama Rockstar DX with Paiste cymbals (Mediocrity with excellence :) ).
Looking to sell this soon and upgrade to maple kit with another 2002 crash as well as a splash and china (Probably Wuhan).

Drums
24x16 Bass Drum
10x10, 12x11, 13x12, 16x16 Toms
14x5 Black Sparkle Snare
Cymbals
14" Paiste 2002 Sound-Edge Hi Hats
18" Paiste 2002 Crash
22" Paiste 2002 Ride
Heads
Toms-Smooth White Emporers over Coated Ambassadors.
Snare-Coated Ambassador over Hazy Ambassador
Bass Drum- Aquarian Superkick II.
------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the pictures...
l_5f69d06396894645b008ca449fa1f980.jpg

l_29b783860f9040d89bfd7be47e0034d6.jpg

Wicked, those drums are great. Awesome choice in bronze!

Good line with mediocrity and excellence. Are you sure that's still a coated ambassador on your snare? Glad to see your stuff. I really dig the 2oo2s.

Remo heads have a problem with durability i think, my snare heads have the same problem.

Really? I hear a lot of people saying that but mine are workhorses. I'm going on 5 months w/ my current coated ambo snare batter and I feel like it's just now settling in and sounding its best. It still has all of its coating and looks fine.

I hit this thing everyday, for hours!

Anyhow, nice kit - You must be a tall dude to hit those big toms way up on that big kick drum!

MRA, those drums look alright to me and the 2oo2's are awsome!

also, i gotta stick up for Remo here too, i have played the coated Ambassador and the coated G1 - they both chipped, flaked and dented. however, i'am drummer enough to admit that this problem with heads is my own fault. period.

Remo makes good heads, so does Evans, but good technique is our own to make...

Eh the drums are pretty good and i've had the same heads on the toms and the snare for a while... The snare is old so for it to be like that still is impressive in my opinion lol...
And nah i'm only 5'10. It must be an illusion type of thing lol.. I don't really have troubles reaching for anything on my kit thankfully :)

Back