creative drum set

jziegler319

Ok, so I've always wanted to do this. I think that the traditional sizes for toms (8,10,12,14,16) are boring and aren't the best. When I become a big boi I'm gonna start a company that has 7, 9, 11, (13,15) ,17 inch toms. These would be the perfect sizes for me (minus the 13). I know there would be a problem with heads and hardware but who cares! This all really just a joke but if this really were a thing would you guys ever spring for something like this?

but if this really were a thing would you guys ever spring for something like this?

Can't see the point as I've never had an issue getting a sound I like out of any sized drum......odds or evens alike.

If I liked the sound, I'd buy it. The odd sizing wouldn't be the driving factor though. And I certainly wouldn't pay a dollar extra for someone to call odd sizes a "creative kit" though. I've been round long enough to know that "boring" is the player, not the kit......if you're "boring" on even sized drums, I'll wager you're gonna be equally as "boring" on odd sizes too.

If I liked the sound, I'd buy it. The odd sizing wouldn't be the driving factor though. And I certainly wouldn't pay a dollar extra for someone to call odd sizes a "creative kit" though. I've been round long enough to know that "boring" is the player, not the kit......if you're "boring" on even sized drums, I'll wager you're gonna be equally as "boring" on odd sizes too.

True story. I worded that a little wrong, I had just never seen anything like this before a wondered if anybody else would ever want a kit like this. I personally think the sizes 7,9,11,15,and 17; with the the rack toms being a little smaller than regular and the floors being a little bigger might sound cool.

I learned a long time ago to stick with standard stuff. Being on the road away from any sort of boutique drum store and not being able to get essential parts really sucks, so I started using very common things like 2B sticks, standard size drums, etc.

People bring this up all the time.

Tama did offer an 11" tom in the very late 1980's.

And Remo made 11" heads for them.

And neither sold very well, and the 11" tom was discontinued.

As it is, 15" toms don't sell well.

DW makes a 23" bass drum.

People bring this up all the time.

Tama did offer an 11" tom in the very late 1980's.

Yah my friend has one of these and has to order his heads from remo and says its a pain. He got the kit, DW 9000 double bass, and a full set of zildjian a's for 500 bucks!

Back